Switch to full style
Your hunting and fishing destination!
Post a reply

Re: Bird hunting talk and pictures.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Hey man, I gotta say . . . that was pretty damn cool to watch! :thumbsup2:

Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:08 am

Went pheasant hunting three times this year, with my O/U, my son and his golden retriever. Had a great time! Going out for duck soon!

Re: GoPro view of retriever getting ducks.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:14 pm

badclam wrote:So I'm just getting started figuring out the camera and how to mount it to my dog. This was this morning before work. He is just under 200 retrieves so far this season.
https://youtu.be/fRfXU5_zfWc

Atta boy! :thumbsup2:

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:47 pm

Still good duck hunting here. Here's the first duck today from my dog's perspective.
https://youtu.be/MxF7aBKg720

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:22 pm

RENCORP wrote:My grandfather and my uncle, about 1955, looks like quail and grouse this time around - he loved pheasant as well.

He bred, raised, and trained all of his dogs - all English Setters. One house dog, all the rest kennel raised.

He also tied all his own flies, and was a great Atlantic salmon fly fisherman.

He taught me everything that would stick to a kid about guns, hunting, and fishing.

He had a wood fired kitchen stove as the only heating and cooking source in the house well into the sixties.

That's when he went modern, and put in - an oil fred kitchen stove that did all the cooking and heating.

He bred prize winning mink for women's coats when it was cool, raised silver fox as well.

I miss him, even though he has been gone for 30 years.

Seems like yesterday he was cutting us some willow poles to tie up with line, split shot, hooks and worms to go after brook trout to toss fresh into the fry pan when we got back home.

Wet dog, wood smoke, butter and trout in a cast iron fry pan on a cold rainy day - heaven on earth.

Glockgirl, is that you?
Post a reply