Switch to full style
Your hunting and fishing destination!
Post a reply

Looking to join or start a quad

Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:34 pm

So, in the hunting ed training there was a lot of warnings about going out hunting alone. So far, haven't done any hunting due to not having friends that hunt with time available.

Anybody in similar situation? let's get together!

Re: Looking to join or start a quad

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:55 pm

I’ve never hunted but really want to. Haven’t done a hunter safety class yet because I have no one to hunt with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:05 pm

I've never hunted but I really want to. I woulden't even know where to start besides taking a class.

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Hunting, humping? kinda the same. If your buddies there, you either have to share it or fight for it.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:40 am

I hunt by myself and with a partner at times. You have to know what you are doing...if you don't.......well the coyotes have to eat too.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:30 am

Get the Hunter's Ed class out of the way first, they fill up fast especially this time of year. Even if you don't go for a season or two at least you won't be scrambling at the last minute.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:44 pm

It's only $25, and if you are really cheap they will even refund that. I didn't have to take the class since I'm old and crusty, but decided to take it anyway. I ended up bailing at the last minute, and a couple of weeks later I still got my card. It was being taught at Cabela's.
Last edited by golddigger14s on Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:15 am

I found the class extremely helpful. The best class was when the wild life adm dept send one of their enforcers to talk to us. So much stories about assholes out there making a bad name for hunters. I did it on the city of Snohomish (fire dept facilities).

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:33 am

My brother and I took a hunter safety class in the 70's through Mercer Island Parks and Recreation from Rudy Malespina (He would have to be over 100 years old by now)
I'm old enough now that I am grandfathered in and don't need one (born before 1972).
Sent my kids to the class when they were young. Mainly gun safety and I highly recommend kids take it.

Didn't like the part of using your rifle or shotgun barrel to hold down a barbed wire fence as you crossed over it.
Makes some pretty deep scratches.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:31 am

I took my oldest son last year. I sat in and observed. Ended up helping teach shooting. Had a nurse in the class and she ended up teaching first aid. Overall, it was pretty laid back. Mostly a bunch of older guys who just wanted the kids to be safe and have fun.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 pm

You don't need friends to get out and hunt. Be safe, don't do stupid stuff, and you should be fine.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 am

I used to hunt all the time when I lived in OR. Would love to hunt in WA, but don't know the areas and no one to go with. icon_eek

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:53 am

Sounds like hunting tinder.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:20 am

Anyone hunting gmu 204 north let me know. My sleeping bag sleeps one.... lol

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:41 am

OMG please someone invent this! ASAP!

mash man wrote:Sounds like hunting tinder.
Post a reply