Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WTB Home outside of RTA Zone w/ Acreage 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everything across the Narrows Bridge is non-RTA. We don't have quite the property you want but we're almost 2 acres with 300 acres of private land behind us that has a development moratorium....all about 4 minutes off the Wollochet exit of highway 16 in Gig Harbor/unincorporated PC and less than 15 min to Tacoma.

We just had an entire pack of coyotes come thru a couple nights ago. We also have a resident bear. And the neighbors don't mind suppressors!

Depending on your budget the area may be worth a look - lots of larger, rural property available but it tends to be a bit pricey.

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

5 acres, next to me, in west Olympia is for sale. Ready to build, has water, power, septic. The home that was on it burned in 05. The debris was cleaned up and has been sitting ever since. 160k. A little high for a lot, but you are paying for one of the best school districts in the state, Griffin.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
5 acres, next to me, in west Olympia is for sale. Ready to build, has water, power, septic. The home that was on it burned in 05. The debris was cleaned up and has been sitting ever since. 160k. A little high for a lot, but you are paying for one of the best school districts in the state, Griffin.

That’s not too bad considering all the utilities are done. The only problem is your in thurston county and it’s not much better than King county. High taxes and too many restrictions when building. . Especially pocket gofer issues. You can’t build if they live on the property. I would never buy property in thurston county just because of the pocket gofer restrictions.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:04 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

scorpion rider wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

That’s not too bad considering all the utilities are done. The only problem is your in thurston county and it’s not much better than King county. High taxes and too many restrictions when building. . Especially pocket gofer issues. You can’t build if they live on the property. I would never buy property in thurston county just because of the pocket gofer restrictions.

Out there, where he lives is 7.9%, pretty low taxes. In the City (just a couple miles away), you are at 9.3%. The pocket gopher issue is slowly being resolved, and I would guess that in a year it will be an admin fee only. Also, the PG issue is only in parts of the County, not the entire County. Where Matt lives, there are not any restrictions.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 am
Profile WWW

I didn't catch your timeline to move but in ~4 months I'll have 5 acres on Mtn Hwy available with new home, excellent distant neighbors on all sides. Lot is relatively level with a small pond wetland area near the far back lot line. Lot's of evidence of recent deer on the back 3 acres. Easy commute, substantially under your price limit.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:44 am

Kgbsucka wrote:
Everything across the Narrows Bridge is non-RTA. We don't have quite the property you want but we're almost 2 acres with 300 acres of private land behind us that has a development moratorium....all about 4 minutes off the Wollochet exit of highway 16 in Gig Harbor/unincorporated PC and less than 15 min to Tacoma.

We just had an entire pack of coyotes come thru a couple nights ago. We also have a resident bear. And the neighbors don't mind suppressors!

Depending on your budget the area may be worth a look - lots of larger, rural property available but it tends to be a bit pricey.

Sounds like the area off Artondale?

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:59 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I'd be down with moving west of Olympia but, it's all outside of the bounds that the YL is currently required to be in for particulars related to her occupation.

We don't currently have a timeline since we are pretty well settled in the home that we own. The "perfect" property would have to come up to get us into some kind of of timeline.

NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WUAD wrote:
Kgbsucka wrote:

Sounds like the area off Artondale?

Yep, sort of North Artondale. South of Rosedale St, East of Lombard. Really nice area! We love it.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I'd be down with moving west of Olympia but, it's all outside of the bounds that the YL is currently required to be in for particulars related to her occupation.

We don't currently have a timeline since we are pretty well settled in the home that we own. The "perfect" property would have to come up to get us into some kind of of timeline.

Yeah, this is why I didn't chime in with Thurston Co. right away. In the "wee hours" it still takes ~40min just to get to Fife.
So my lack of gopher problem, ease of shooting, and everything else kind of "fall flat".

Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For purely selfish reasons, because having an FFL in my backyard would be awesome:

Shy 10 acres: https://www.johnlscott.com/listing/wa/g ... nw/3840804

Shy 7.5 acres, w/ 80 undevelopable next to it: https://www.johnlscott.com/listing/wa/g ... nw/3744068

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:
For purely selfish reasons, because having an FFL in my backyard would be awesome:

Exactly why I’m disappointed he won’t move further south. Having Dana as a neighbor would be fine with me and not just because he’s an ffl.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Those Gig Harbor homes are beautiful...and outside our price range. :bigsmile: We're trying to stay under $500,000 and with the property value increase, use that equity to put down enough to avoid PMI. The best part is, moving was her idea.

NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Out there, where he lives is 7.9%, pretty low taxes. In the City (just a couple miles away), you are at 9.3%. The pocket gopher issue is slowly being resolved, and I would guess that in a year it will be an admin fee only. Also, the PG issue is only in parts of the County, not the entire County. Where Matt lives, there are not any restrictions.

I still had to have a survey done in 2015 when all that shit was getting started, because we do live on sandy laom. It will support pocket gophers if it weren’t so heavily wooded. We had none, nobody around does either. Not sure if we still have to get surveyed or not. I did a bit of research on that whole scam because we were on hold for 2 weeks. People should be in prison because of that crap getting passed.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

I still had to have a survey done in 2015 when all that shit was getting started, because we do live on sandy laom. It will support pocket gophers if it weren’t so heavily wooded. We had none, nobody around does either. Not sure if we still have to get surveyed or not. I did a bit of research on that whole scam because we were on hold for 2 weeks. People should be in prison because of that crap getting passed.

If what I read about it was true, there is some serious corruption there. They Basically created a problem to get federal grant money and a bunch of high paying county jobs. The damn gophers THRIVE in artillery fields, but building a house near them is a problem?! Pretty shady stuff.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:11 pm

Kgbsucka wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:

If what I read about it was true, there is some serious corruption there. They Basically created a problem to get federal grant money and a bunch of high paying county jobs. The damn gophers THRIVE in artillery fields, but building a house near them is a problem?! Pretty shady stuff.

A friend of mine just cut a 300 acre patch for a new training ground on the fort because the old one had "gofers" show up.

I thought the feds/military were immune to that kinda crap, but apparently not.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next