Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 AR-15 Upper & Lower Group Buy DELIVERED 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m planning to come Saturday. Do I just show up anytime between 10 and 6? And do I go to the address where I mailed your check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Yes and yes.
I have you on my calendar for Saturday afternoon. Any time within that time is fine though.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 pm
Profile WWW

Oscar is ready to conduct transfers.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great visit with Dana on Thursday along with a quick and painless transfer! Looking forward to building some awesome looking tools of freedom.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotta say that Oscar is a cool dog. And Dreadi was fun to visit too. :)

Thanks again for putting this together!

Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 pm

He’s all worn out from a day of WGS, Bass Pro, edogg, future in-laws, and setting up the Dillon making 9mm.

Only about 12 more transfers left this group buy will be wrapped up.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer

Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can’t help but wonder, would the Wa. State Governor be able to command even better deals from vendors?

Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My new rifle bag has a spot for a morale patch. Now I’m shilling for Dreadi.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
My new rifle bag has a spot for a morale patch. Now I’m shilling for Dreadi.

Did you buy that today at West Coast North?

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No, I ordered it from Amazon a couple months ago.

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:
One interesting thing ... the spring and plunger for the rear takedown spring come straight upwards and are compressed by the pistol grip. It doesn’t come from the rear of the receiver like it does on most lowers.

Yeah, I noticed that. I tapped out the hole with a 4-40 tap and slightly shortened the spring. Then I used a 4-40 Allen head set screw to retain the detent plunger. Its bad enough to lose the safety detent and spring nearly every time I take the pistol grip off. The thought of trying to keep track off another spring and pin was unbearable.

I do the same on the regular style lowers where the rear takedown pin spring and detent come in from the rear. Keeping it captive with a set screw just makes it easier to assemble and take apart without worrying about chasing springs all over the place.

Just helped a friend assemble his and those blasted takedown/selector springs are the devil to contain while trying to attach the grip :frust: (and I don't have much hair to pull out)

How much of the spring gets trimmed? About the length of the set screw?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

Does this bag have a holster incorporated?

Does anyone know of a good bag of this type that has a holster incorporated?

I want to hang it on my left side, over my right shoulder. I'm right-handed. So, yeah, this would be a draw from left side with right hand.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:
One interesting thing ... the spring and plunger for the rear takedown spring come straight upwards and are compressed by the pistol grip. It doesn’t come from the rear of the receiver like it does on most lowers.

Yeah, I noticed that. I tapped out the hole with a 4-40 tap and slightly shortened the spring. Then I used a 4-40 Allen head set screw to retain the detent plunger. Its bad enough to lose the safety detent and spring nearly every time I take the pistol grip off. The thought of trying to keep track off another spring and pin was unbearable.

I do the same on the regular style lowers where the rear takedown pin spring and detent come in from the rear. Keeping it captive with a set screw just makes it easier to assemble and take apart without worrying about chasing springs all over the place.

Just helped a friend assemble his and those blasted takedown/selector springs are the devil to contain while trying to attach the grip :frust: (and I don't have much hair to pull out)

Yep. Less than 1/4" in my case. Just enough to get the spring below flush. Then you can start the set screw and thread it in compressing as you go. Go slow, you can always take more spring off. Its harder to add it back on. Also, go slow and use oil when tapping. Reverse the tap frequently and clean it off. Aluminum likes to gall when tapping. Once you do this on one gun, you will do it on all of them. It's too bad it won't work for the safety detent too. Hole isn't deep enough.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Last edited by Traut on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Yep. Less than 1/4" in my case. Just enough to get the spring below flush. Then you can start the set screw and thread it in compressing as you go. Go slow, you can always take more spring off. Its harder to add it back on. Also, go slow and use oil when tapping. Aluminum likes to gall when tapping. Once you do this on one gun, you will do it on all of them. It's to bad it won't work for the safety detent too. Hole isn't deep enough.

How long is the set screw? the shortest I've found is 1/4" (so far. I'm going to Tac Screw tomorrow to see what they have.)

The set screw on the Aero M5 lower he is also building is about 1/8". What length did you use on your AR15?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, the set screw I used is a little longer than 1/8" so I'm gonna say 3 /16" ? 1/4" would work I bet, just nip an extra coil off the spring. Believe it or not, Ace Hardware is my go to for weird screws and stuff, including the set screws. They even have a couple drawers of blued gun screws for scope rings, plugging receiver holes etc. Tacoma Screw is close to you tho so you can't miss with them.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next