Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:14 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 AR-15 Upper & Lower Group Buy DELIVERED 
Author Message
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
I’m planning to come Saturday. Do I just show up anytime between 10 and 6? And do I go to the address where I mailed your check?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 5662
Yes and yes.
I have you on my calendar for Saturday afternoon. Any time within that time is fine though.

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 5662
Oscar is ready to conduct transfers.

Image

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tri -Cities
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013
Posts: 1641
Real Name: David
Great visit with Dana on Thursday along with a quick and painless transfer! Looking forward to building some awesome looking tools of freedom.


Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:44 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
Gotta say that Oscar is a cool dog. And Dreadi was fun to visit too. :)

Thanks again for putting this together!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
User avatar
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Location: Tacoma, Washington
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014
Posts: 5662
He’s all worn out from a day of WGS, Bass Pro, edogg, future in-laws, and setting up the Dillon making 9mm.

Only about 12 more transfers left this group buy will be wrapped up.

Image

_________________
BLACK HAMMER ARMS
1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms


Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Marysville
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012
Posts: 771
I can’t help but wonder, would the Wa. State Governor be able to command even better deals from vendors?

_________________
If it has Tits, An Engine, or a Point of Ignition, I'll probably be willing to have a look.


Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:27 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
My new rifle bag has a spot for a morale patch. Now I’m shilling for Dreadi.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: S. Everett
Joined: Thu May 2, 2013
Posts: 2379
edogg wrote:
My new rifle bag has a spot for a morale patch. Now I’m shilling for Dreadi.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Did you buy that today at West Coast North?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:22 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Redmond
Joined: Sun Apr 7, 2013
Posts: 2589
No, I ordered it from Amazon a couple months ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:40 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 9519
Real Name: jim
Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:
One interesting thing ... the spring and plunger for the rear takedown spring come straight upwards and are compressed by the pistol grip. It doesn’t come from the rear of the receiver like it does on most lowers.


Yeah, I noticed that. I tapped out the hole with a 4-40 tap and slightly shortened the spring. Then I used a 4-40 Allen head set screw to retain the detent plunger. Its bad enough to lose the safety detent and spring nearly every time I take the pistol grip off. The thought of trying to keep track off another spring and pin was unbearable.

I do the same on the regular style lowers where the rear takedown pin spring and detent come in from the rear. Keeping it captive with a set screw just makes it easier to assemble and take apart without worrying about chasing springs all over the place.


Just helped a friend assemble his and those blasted takedown/selector springs are the devil to contain while trying to attach the grip :frust: (and I don't have much hair to pull out)

How much of the spring gets trimmed? About the length of the set screw?

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:32 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Index
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012
Posts: 9629
Real Name: Jeff
Arisaka wrote:
Image

Does this bag have a holster incorporated?

Does anyone know of a good bag of this type that has a holster incorporated?

I want to hang it on my left side, over my right shoulder. I'm right-handed. So, yeah, this would be a draw from left side with right hand.

_________________
-Jeff

Image

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

The problem with being on social media, is that you know too many people that you don't know.

Joy is not a feeling. It is a strength. Some people are stupid, that's all there is to it. (And sometimes that stupid person is me/you.) Sometimes you just have to let stupid people be stupid. Don't let stupid steal your joy.

Holding onto unforgiveness and resentment is like drinking poison and expecting that other person to die. Anger will eat you up.


Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:24 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 1338
Real Name: Traut
jukk0u wrote:
Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:
One interesting thing ... the spring and plunger for the rear takedown spring come straight upwards and are compressed by the pistol grip. It doesn’t come from the rear of the receiver like it does on most lowers.


Yeah, I noticed that. I tapped out the hole with a 4-40 tap and slightly shortened the spring. Then I used a 4-40 Allen head set screw to retain the detent plunger. Its bad enough to lose the safety detent and spring nearly every time I take the pistol grip off. The thought of trying to keep track off another spring and pin was unbearable.

I do the same on the regular style lowers where the rear takedown pin spring and detent come in from the rear. Keeping it captive with a set screw just makes it easier to assemble and take apart without worrying about chasing springs all over the place.


Just helped a friend assemble his and those blasted takedown/selector springs are the devil to contain while trying to attach the grip :frust: (and I don't have much hair to pull out)

How much of the spring gets trimmed? About the length of the set screw?


Yep. Less than 1/4" in my case. Just enough to get the spring below flush. Then you can start the set screw and thread it in compressing as you go. Go slow, you can always take more spring off. Its harder to add it back on. Also, go slow and use oil when tapping. Reverse the tap frequently and clean it off. Aluminum likes to gall when tapping. Once you do this on one gun, you will do it on all of them. It's too bad it won't work for the safety detent too. Hole isn't deep enough.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Last edited by Traut on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:18 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: kirkland
Joined: Wed May 1, 2013
Posts: 9519
Real Name: jim
Traut wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Traut wrote:
MadPick wrote:
One interesting thing ... the spring and plunger for the rear takedown spring come straight upwards and are compressed by the pistol grip. It doesn’t come from the rear of the receiver like it does on most lowers.


Yeah, I noticed that. I tapped out the hole with a 4-40 tap and slightly shortened the spring. Then I used a 4-40 Allen head set screw to retain the detent plunger. Its bad enough to lose the safety detent and spring nearly every time I take the pistol grip off. The thought of trying to keep track off another spring and pin was unbearable.

I do the same on the regular style lowers where the rear takedown pin spring and detent come in from the rear. Keeping it captive with a set screw just makes it easier to assemble and take apart without worrying about chasing springs all over the place.


Just helped a friend assemble his and those blasted takedown/selector springs are the devil to contain while trying to attach the grip :frust: (and I don't have much hair to pull out)

How much of the spring gets trimmed? About the length of the set screw?


Yep. Less than 1/4" in my case. Just enough to get the spring below flush. Then you can start the set screw and thread it in compressing as you go. Go slow, you can always take more spring off. Its harder to add it back on. Also, go slow and use oil when tapping. Aluminum likes to gall when tapping. Once you do this on one gun, you will do it on all of them. It's to bad it won't work for the safety detent too. Hole isn't deep enough.



How long is the set screw? the shortest I've found is 1/4" (so far. I'm going to Tac Screw tomorrow to see what they have.)

The set screw on the Aero M5 lower he is also building is about 1/8". What length did you use on your AR15?

_________________
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

"I love Girl Scout Crack!" ~ usrifle

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli


Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 1338
Real Name: Traut
Actually, the set screw I used is a little longer than 1/8" so I'm gonna say 3 /16" ? 1/4" would work I bet, just nip an extra coil off the spring. Believe it or not, Ace Hardware is my go to for weird screws and stuff, including the set screws. They even have a couple drawers of blued gun screws for scope rings, plugging receiver holes etc. Tacoma Screw is close to you tho so you can't miss with them.

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:58 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.712s | 14 Queries | GZIP : On ]