Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Cerberus Training Group - 1911 Armorer Class March 2-3 

I was contacted recently about putting on another 1911 Armorer class. I didn't have one planned until September, but arranged to offer one sooner.

The class is limited to 3 students, and I have 2 slots still available. I keep my armorer classes small, so each student gets personal attention.

Some people want just the armorer portion only, while some want both the armorer and range time. Each student will have the choice to fit their needs.

The armorer portion will be Saturday March 2nd - 200.00

There will be an optional range day on the next day, Sunday March 3rd - 150.00
The range day will go over operating the 1911 efficiently with drills specific to the platform.

Please PM or contact me direct through the website to register.

Reviews from the past 1911 Armorer class;

Keane

My buddy and I just got back from the 1911 Armorer/Operatior class at Cerberus, and figured I'd share my experience. This was a 2 day class, though based on the things taught, could have easily been longer!

The first day was the Armorer portion. We spent a solid 8 hours with a 1911 and inspecting, smoothing, filing, and lubing everything. Steve (the instructor) is incredibly knowledgeable on the platform, and the result was a massive improvement in my understanding of how a 1911 works!

Additionally, I ended up getting a fantastic amount of instruction and assistance on how to adjust just about everything in the gun. Included in this is a pretty fantastic trigger job, extractor tuning, and barrel timing. I brought an old Rock Island 1911 and a 80% build that I'd completed and both firearms ended up being 2x as great when I left! If you have any interest in a better running 1911 (and the understanding of how to do it), this is definitely a class for you!

Day 2 was a 'run the gun' component on the range. The class was customized to my friend and I, so it ended up being a 'combat' focused shooting day. We concentrated on drawing from a holster, fast reloading, and accurate, fast shooting. While it sounds pretty basic, the constant feedback from Steve as well as the practice drills improved my comfort and performance throughout the techniques.

I've been shooting quite regularly for 15 years and ended up being a significantly better shooter than I started out as. I left with many drills that I can run on my own, which I also believe will be of great benefit to me!

In the end, I am a much better shooter than I was before. I understand my platform much better, and left with the ability to tune and diagnose it way better than before. I look forward to getting back out to learn even more from Steve!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BulkRangeTime

A friend and I took the two-day 1911 Armorer's course from Steve at Cerberus Training in the Fall, I've been slow getting to this but I figured I'd leave a review.

First off, Steve is very knowledgeable with many years of practical LE experience (and stories to boot), and I'd highly recommend anything he teaches. I'll be back when I have time for some of the AR platform armory classes for instance and more range training. Steve was able to tune the class across both days to exactly what we were looking for which was great, this really helped improve my skills across the board.

The first 8h day of the 1911 class was focused on the armorer's portion, including a complete teardown, cleaning, tuning, inspection and lube. Through Steve's experience he has a good idea of what exactly is needed to fix certain problems. I brought a fairly new midrange S&W Gov't model so it didn't need all that much work, but we tuned springs, did a nice trigger job and worked on the reliability in the well-equipped shop. My friend's more unique pieces included a couple of 1911s with more mileage, and a newly finished one from an 80% lower which needed lots of tuning work -- getting that one running was a big focus for us and a good way to learn stuff... takeaway is bring whatever you've got, Steve can help fix it up!

The second day was a series of drills on the range (the one with red rocks everyone keeps talking about :). Steve pretty much tuned the class to what we were looking for -- handling, accuracy, rapid recovery from FTEs and general tactical practice. Though I've been target practicing across a wide variety of platforms for a long time, I never really learned the fundamentals properly, and Steve is a really good instructor on this front (and his stories of what works well / doesn't from his field experience are enlightening). Overall I learned a lot from the second day of the class and I'd highly recommend Steve's range training too.

Steve also has a custom line of 8-rd mags with strong springs and grab flanges on the bottom which I hadn't seen before... these are built for reliability and being easy to pull from holders or to clear a jam... these are worth looking into, I ended up getting a couple.

Overall I'd highly recommend any of the courses that Steve (or Cerberus Training) offers, his mix of practical experience and technical knowledge is phenomenal. I'll definitely be back for more armory work on the 1911 / AR platforms and range time over the next few years.

https://cerberus-training.com/collectio ... 11-armorer

https://cerberus-training.com/collectio ... r-operator

NRA Life Member

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]