Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:59 pm

Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WTS: Silent Destroyer Rem 788 44 MAGNUM 

Pricing this to MOVE…. SOLD PENDING

One of a Kind Silent Destroyer. Tom Denall made the Silent Destroyer famous (Suppressed 44 Mag on a Ruger 77/44 Platform). This is a one off made by Tom Denall on a Ruger 788 44 Magnum platform. The 788’s were known for being low cost (not low quality) with very good accuracy and a very strong action (see pics) These guns are VERY quiet using SUBSONIC 44 Magnum rounds. The 44 Mag and 30/30 were only made for a couple of years and the rarest of the Remington 788’s. This is the only Suppressed 788 that I have ever seen or heard of.

I am pricing this to MOVE for those willing to wait. With our new laws, this will require one transfer to your dealer and one transfer to you from the dealer. 2x $200 stamps, and at current times will be about a 2 year wait. I will pay for the first transfer to the dealer.

This is what I’m including:
Suppressed Remington 788 (with Timney Trigger)
Vortex 3-9x40 Crossfire II
3x Mags
450+ Hornady 200gr XTP Rounds
200 Starline Virgin 44 Magnum Brass
Leather Cheek rest w/ Bullet Holder

$1200 Firm.. no trades
Kenmore / N. Lake WA

Last edited by ChrisK on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If someone had a c&r license wouldn’t that skip your form 4 to a dealer and you can do a form 4 directly to the person since this firearm is 55 years old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:17 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Can you please explain why there would be two stamps and the cost of two transfers.

NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

The transfer of this gun is an interesting topic, and not one that most of us have faced.

I'm good with relevant discussion in this thread, if the seller is okay with it.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Can you please explain why there would be two stamps and the cost of two transfers.

Washington state law is weird for this one. A form 4 I believe satisfies the background check component of RCW 9.41.113:

(1) All firearm sales or transfers, in whole or part in this state including without limitation a sale or transfer where either the purchaser or seller or transferee or transferor is in Washington, shall be subject to background checks unless specifically exempted by state or federal law.

Since form 4s are technically background checks. But a lot of people conflate that with all sales have to go through an FFL which means he would have to form 4 to a dealer then the dealer form 4s to the individual.

This sale is kind of a weird one for Washington state law and I’m not sure how the proper way to do it is. Now if someone had a c&r that is exempt from Washington state background check requirements but it would still need a form 4 from seller to individual. Also I’m not sure if this gun is c&r eligible since it was modified after the fact for the suppressor.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 pm

If you the seller are a WA state resident and the buyer is a WA state resident, I think it's just one Form 4. See references below:

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/sell-silencer/
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/private-party-suppressors.820698/

About, facebook, twitter, wiki

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Couple comments

Very cool concept.

I don't think Remington made 788's until 1967. That's when I bought my first one and supposedly it was the introductory year. Cost me $76 brand new. That was a lot of lawn mowing in those days.

I have or have had one in nearly every caliber they were available in and out of the box they were exceptionally accurate. With a little tinkering, they were all tack drivers. Even the 30/30 was sub 1" at 100 yards, partly I suspect because being magazine fed, spitzer bullets could be used in handloads.mo

Most of my 788's are left handed, sort of. The left hand models had left hand bolts, but right hand ejection, which is really handy for bench shooting right or left handed.

Did I mention very cool rifle. Glad it's not a lefty or I might not be abe to resist it.

Cool rifle. Good luck with the sale. Somebody could have a LOT of fun with that!

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kellybachand wrote:
If you the seller are a WA state resident and the buyer is a WA state resident, I think it's just one Form 4. See references below:

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/sell-silencer/
https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/private-party-suppressors.820698/

The confusing part is a lot of states don’t have laws like 594 made, most states that require background checks on private sales don’t allow NFA stuff to begin with so it’s a weird one for Washington. I think the background check that is included in the form 4 would count but who knows.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:28 am

I'm fine with the discussion. In the past I've sold NFA direct to individuals with no problems. I stand corrected, the 44 Mag's were made from '67 to '70 my memory is just getting worse over the years. Anyhow, this wont classify as C&R since it has been modified. If I can still go individual to individual with the normal ATF Paperwork and BS, I'm game.

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]