Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:54 am


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 1926 Model TT Restoration: Update 38 - Tuning 
Author Message
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 1210
Real Name: Traut
Way too cool. The Old Man is surely smiling. You should be proud of your efforts and acheivements with this project. Major kudos. :bow:

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Tue May 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
Traut wrote:
Way too cool. The Old Man is surely smiling. You should be proud of your efforts and acheivements with this project. Major kudos. :bow:

Thank you Traut! Come by for a ride some time!


Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
After several days of detail work getting the truck ready, my son and I took her out for her first drive in 25 years. Just a short spin around the neighborhood. Here are a couple of videos




Still have some work on the brakes and fuel system, but we made it back under our own power!!


Last edited by Arisaka on Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.



Sun May 26, 2019 3:47 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 1210
Real Name: Traut
Alright!!!! :thumbsup2:

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Sun May 26, 2019 4:10 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: South Seattle
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011
Posts: 872
Real Name: elwood




Hey Arisaka, i hope you dont mind but i thought these vids needed to be directly embedded into this thread. This retsto project has been the coolest thread on this forum (and maybe the internet). A big heartfelt congratulations on your project, thats one coooool loooking truck. :bow:


Sun May 26, 2019 4:44 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
db-elwood wrote:




Hey Arisaka, i hope you dont mind but i thought these vids needed to be directly embedded into this thread. This retsto project has been the coolest thread on this forum (and maybe the internet). A big heartfelt congratulations on your project, thats one coooool loooking truck. :bow:

Thank you DB! I didn’t know how to do that. Appreciate it buddy!


Sun May 26, 2019 5:09 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
db-elwood wrote:




Hey Arisaka, i hope you dont mind but i thought these vids needed to be directly embedded into this thread. This retsto project has been the coolest thread on this forum (and maybe the internet). A big heartfelt congratulations on your project, thats one coooool loooking truck. :bow:


Sun May 26, 2019 5:26 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar
Site Admin

Location: Renton, WA
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011
Posts: 37197
Real Name: Steve
HELL YEAH!

PMB, put some beer in the fridge; they’re coming to visit!

_________________
Steve

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.


Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: WA/MT
Joined: Wed Mar 6, 2013
Posts: 11821
IPA ok, or do you have a specific request?

That is a beauty Arisaka! Can't wait to check it out in real life. :thumbsup2: (Or is that too close to polishing your knob? :rofl9: )

We'll be back and forth to Montana for a bit, then hope to head north to be cornholed by John and maybe do some shooting. Hopefully that trip up north aligns with a schedule that allows us to stop by Mr Arisaka's place with a WaGuns Crew.

_________________
"I like causing trouble, but only if I'm aware of it. To think I created a problem by accident was disappointing." Traut
"If you wanna be close to the big town you’re gonna have to eat shit sammiches a lot." Dan360
"The greatest challenge that I faced was peeling back the layers of my own bias"
"There are violent crazy murderous people in our society! We need to give up all of our means of self-protection IMMEDIATELY!"


Sun May 26, 2019 6:04 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
PMB wrote:
IPA ok, or do you have a specific request?

That is a beauty Arisaka! Can't wait to check it out in real life. :thumbsup2: (Or is that too close to polishing your knob? :rofl9: )

We'll be back and forth to Montana for a bit, then hope to head north to be cornholed by John and maybe do some shooting. Hopefully that trip up north aligns with a schedule that allows us to stop by Mr Arisaka's place with a WaGuns Crew.

Would love to have you stop by anytime PMB, and a waguns crew too!!! No knob polishing required, and definitely no cornholing allowed please!


Sun May 26, 2019 6:13 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: RENTON
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011
Posts: 10450
Real Name: John
Arisaka wrote:
PMB wrote:
IPA ok, or do you have a specific request?

That is a beauty Arisaka! Can't wait to check it out in real life. :thumbsup2: (Or is that too close to polishing your knob? :rofl9: )

We'll be back and forth to Montana for a bit, then hope to head north to be cornholed by John and maybe do some shooting. Hopefully that trip up north aligns with a schedule that allows us to stop by Mr Arisaka's place with a WaGuns Crew.

Would love to have you stop by anytime PMB, and a waguns crew too!!! No knob polishing required, and definitely no cornholing allowed please!


What a great day! The "T" lives again. :wagwoot:

C'mon now brother, a little backyard Cornholing is a good time. Broaden your horizons my friend, it's an easy game to play. :ROFLMAO:

The BBQ is on the Horizon, wifey and i were slaving in the yard again today. :bigsmile:

Maybe that "T" can make the drive to Fairwood, that would be cool to have it parked out front for the BBQ. :wagwoot:
Judging from the video of your landscaping, don't expect us to beat that but we have been tidying up the Yard. I'll even let let you throw the first Cornhole bag. :wink05:

_________________
NRA RSO


Sun May 26, 2019 6:41 pm
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015
Posts: 4037
So cool how it all came together

_________________
You may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for


Tue May 28, 2019 6:22 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
usrifle wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
PMB wrote:
IPA ok, or do you have a specific request?

That is a beauty Arisaka! Can't wait to check it out in real life. :thumbsup2: (Or is that too close to polishing your knob? :rofl9: )

We'll be back and forth to Montana for a bit, then hope to head north to be cornholed by John and maybe do some shooting. Hopefully that trip up north aligns with a schedule that allows us to stop by Mr Arisaka's place with a WaGuns Crew.

Would love to have you stop by anytime PMB, and a waguns crew too!!! No knob polishing required, and definitely no cornholing allowed please!


What a great day! The "T" lives again. :wagwoot:

C'mon now brother, a little backyard Cornholing is a good time. Broaden your horizons my friend, it's an easy game to play. :ROFLMAO:

The BBQ is on the Horizon, wifey and i were slaving in the yard again today. :bigsmile:

Maybe that "T" can make the drive to Fairwood, that would be cool to have it parked out front for the BBQ. :wagwoot:
Judging from the video of your landscaping, don't expect us to beat that but we have been tidying up the Yard. I'll even let let you throw the first Cornhole bag. :wink05:


I’m game to drive her over there, assuming I get all the remaining mechanical issues worked out. Probably take me 3 hours to get there though lol!


Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: Nisqually Valley
Joined: Wed Oct 5, 2016
Posts: 1664
I bet that felt good!


Tue May 28, 2019 9:40 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2766
Been working on fuel delivery and ignition the last couple of weeks. Replaced regulator, removed the fuel filter, and timed her.

Timing a Model T is different than most cars. First you set the ignition points at 0.016 - 0.020. Then you use the hand crank to bring the #1 piston up to TDC, and then just past. I stuck length of heavy gage wire in the #1 spark plug hole, and watched the wire move up with the piston, while I was turning the hand crank. Then I moved it just past TDC.

Now you hook up an ohm meter, between the condensor lead and ground.

Image

Loosen up the bolt that clamps the distributor head

Image

Now turn the distributor clockwise slowly, until your ohm meter shows that the points have just started to open. You will seen a resistance drop when this happens. Then tighten the bolt.

Then on goes the rotor and cap. The firing order is 1-2-4-3. Hook up #1 spark plug wire to the terminal that the rotor is pointing to. Then going clockwise hook up #2, 4 and 3.

Image


Time for a test drive. Took her out for a run, and she ran better than ever. Bet I was pushing 30 mph, and wasn’t even in overdrive!! Nice day, truck was happy, and everybody who saw her smiled! A good day with the old girl!



Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:56 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: olydemon and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.637s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]