Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:28 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me . . . I'm right in the middle of a massive truck engine rebuild shaving my legs, and I need to go finish rebuilding my house. take my cream of wheat off the stove.

Jesus. Testosterone much?!!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
MadPick wrote:
I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me . . . I'm right in the middle of a massive truck engine rebuild shaving my legs, and I need to go finish rebuilding my house. take my cream of wheat off the stove.

Jesus. Testosterone much?!!

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I put a bigger/newer style master cylinder on the Vega today. Holy shit does it stop! Its not even power brakes! (who needs power brakes on a 2300lb car)

Went front an old 3/4"diameter piston master cylinder to a new S10 master cylinder that is 15/16"ths diameter. I had to bend up new lines, open of the firewall hole a bit and mod the plunger/pedal rod to make it all happen. Of course the internet knowitalls said, "its a bolt up install". Yeah I heard that a few times before, (nods heads).

I put newer (mid 90s) S10 front suspension under it a while ago (A-arms, spindles, brakes, rotors, calipers balljoints etc) and a bigger 10 bolt rear axle with large drums. The brakes have been pretty squishy ever since.

Now its awesome. :thumbsup2:

Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On sunday got back my $50 troybilt tiller, after a $150 tune up. Thing hasnt ran in probably 30+ years, built in the 70's with a HD tecumseh, and kicked ass in the garden.

Also the small engine shop i went to is in snohomish, and looking at the decor is solidly 2A friendly. I can look up his name of anyone is looking.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
On sunday got back my $50 troybilt tiller, after a $150 tune up. Thing hasnt ran in probably 30+ years, built in the 70's with a HD tecumseh, and kicked ass in the garden.

Also the small engine shop i went to is in snohomish, and looking at the decor is solidly 2A friendly. I can look up his name of anyone is looking.

:thumbsup2:
How cool is that? I came here to post that we are moved into the new property including my 1980s Troybilt Horse with 8 HP BS engine that I had not started in nearly 20 years. Tires flat and everything. Fixed the tires most of leaks are at the rusty beads. Knocked the rust off and got them reasonably sealed. They have cracks but good tread so I ordered some tubes. Cleaned the engine and changed the oil. Air cleaner border line ordered a new one. Pulled the plug and cleaned with gun cleaner and silicone spray. Blew some Kroil in the head and turned over a few times spark8 strong and blue. Ran some fresh fuel through......

Maybe 4th pull it fired up nicely. Tilled some of the back 40. No hassles

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had an old, I mean really old furniture dolly, with ductile iron wheels! I took those wheels off and bolted on some 4" Amazon wheels. Amazing how nice the silly thing rolls and how useful it is now

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08 ... UTF8&psc=1

Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every day now! Fun and real sense of accomplishment. Fixing flats on the tiller (new tubes) to rewiring and soldering up one of the shop door openers (works perfectly)

The only job that kicked my ass was hanging the 60" TV!! :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: Wow. No comfortable position, studs in funky locations, whole mount siting too high. Needed lovely Asian wife to help me lift TV. The mantel cubbie hole is DEEP. Most mounts will not accommodate.

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ported the heads for the new motor for the bronco on thursday and friday night.

Picked up an almost new grizzly 4003 lathe on saturday and got it setup. Now i just need to figure out how to get 220v to my shop and we'll have anouther guy on here that will offer threading and barrel profiling among other services.

Sun May 09, 2021 8:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Ported the heads for the new motor for the bronco on thursday and friday night.

Picked up an almost new grizzly 4003 lathe on saturday and got it setup. Now i just need to figure out how to get 220v to my shop and we'll have anouther guy on here that will offer threading and barrel profiling among other services.

[You have a friend request from: RocketScott]

Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well its buried, and together. Still need to finish seeding around it. Wrap some foam pipe insulation around the bottom, and it should be done. Now if I could just find a playset. Ours got destroyed in a couple of the windstorm this winter. Been trying without success all spring.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon May 31, 2021 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Well its buried, and together. Still need to finish seeding around it. Wrap some foam pipe insulation around the bottom, and it should be done. Now if I could just find a playset. Ours got destroyed in a couple of the windstorm this winter. Been trying without success all spring.

The wife and I have talked about doing that when the kids were smaller , but never got around to it. What did you use to build the retaining wall ?

Mon May 31, 2021 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

The wife and I have talked about doing that when the kids were smaller , but never got around to it. What did you use to build the retaining wall ?

Ran pressure treated 2x4s from leg to leg at 2 heights. The attached plain ol galvanized corrugated steel. Local metal recycling place sold me 5-12ft sheets for $21.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon May 31, 2021 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Every day now! Fun and real sense of accomplishment. Fixing flats on the tiller (new tubes) to rewiring and soldering up one of the shop door openers (works perfectly)

The only job that kicked my ass was hanging the 60" TV!! :ROFLMAO: :rofl9: Wow. No comfortable position, studs in funky locations, whole mount siting too high. Needed lovely Asian wife to help me lift TV. The mantel cubbie hole is DEEP. Most mounts will not accommodate.

needs more holes in the wall :ROFLMAO:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

needs more holes in the wall :ROFLMAO:

No shit. I am not sure what the previous idiot was drilling for. Patched and sponged, ready for 2026 paint job now.

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kids got to love you for that. It was always what I wanted myself as an 8 y.o.

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 73  Next