Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Ariska, you're quite talented!

Thank you Brian. Some guys are good in the bedroom. I’m good in the garage.

You've been chatting with my wife, haven't you?

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Ariska, you're quite talented!

Thank you Brian. Some guys are good in the bedroom. I’m good in the garage.

:ROFLMAO:

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Working on a couple masks for some CRKT Hawks.

Playing around with some ideas...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, they turned out not too shabby...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely Done! :thumbsup2:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparky D wrote:
Well, they turned out not too shabby...

Quite nice!! :bow:

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Of course, had to make a belt loop (or 3...) as well.

Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:19 pm

I was pretty happy replacing a dimmer switch today - I picked up some new switches that are LED capable - I've been worried because they say '4 wire required'.... the one I did today was only a 3 wire switch (which I didn't know) but I was looking to see what it would take to get to the 4th wire --- Damn - adds to the difficulty. Luckily this one went pretty smooth once I found the right circuit for it.... Liking the new dimmable LED bulbs on a fixture that I never used much --- I'll be using it much more in the future. Now I have to deal with the 24/7 programable switch that I KNOW is a 4 wire switch --- and its in a 3 switch box... I'm hoping I'll be able to find an easy way to ty into the neutral.... Finally changing out the 3 outside lights from halogens to led --- hopefully the bulbs will last more than 6 months at a time... I know - I'm way behind the times.....

Thank god for a non contact circuit tester --- I don't know how you would know which black was line or load....

And thank god I got a switch that has an adjustment for brightness --- the stock setting kinda sucked - I set it to when the slider is on the lowest setting its STILL lit --- don't want anyone thinking the lowest slider is OFF.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed tile kitchen backsplash...............

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:59 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I was pretty happy replacing a dimmer switch today - I picked up some new switches that are LED capable - I've been worried because they say '4 wire required'.... the one I did today was only a 3 wire switch (which I didn't know) but I was looking to see what it would take to get to the 4th wire --- Damn - adds to the difficulty. Luckily this one went pretty smooth once I found the right circuit for it.... Liking the new dimmable LED bulbs on a fixture that I never used much --- I'll be using it much more in the future. Now I have to deal with the 24/7 programable switch that I KNOW is a 4 wire switch --- and its in a 3 switch box... I'm hoping I'll be able to find an easy way to ty into the neutral.... Finally changing out the 3 outside lights from halogens to led --- hopefully the bulbs will last more than 6 months at a time... I know - I'm way behind the times.....

Thank god for a non contact circuit tester --- I don't know how you would know which black was line or load....

And thank god I got a switch that has an adjustment for brightness --- the stock setting kinda sucked - I set it to when the slider is on the lowest setting its STILL lit --- don't want anyone thinking the lowest slider is OFF.

So --- I tackled the timer switch today - should have been a 30-45 minute job.... fuckme --- it took me 2 1/2 hours to get that damn switch in :cussing: Trying to get to the neutral bundle to tap in - getting a solid ground --- got it all hooked up and tested before buttoning it up --- all good..... but THEN try to get all that shit back into the box --- it a 3 switch box with two 3-way dimmers and this timer --- there is just NO room for all that shit :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: Finally got it back together and somewhat flat and the switches spaced right for the plate.... not perfect, but it wasn't before either... I feel compelled to go back in there and redo ALL of it --- but honestly, I don't think I could make it any better.

I'm just glad it all works.

I should add that when trying to cram all the wiring back into the box -- pushing on it with my fingers --- moving, moving, moving --- POP .... yeah, hyper extended finger.... shit.

All these dimmer/timer switches are the big 'boxy' switches --- they are just not meant to go into these older shallow boxes. I hope code requires deeper boxes nowadays to accommodate them....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I left WA state for MT in 2019, my good friend and Neighbor was tearing down his old fence.
He said "Take some of this old stained cedar fence with you for various rustic projects"

I never thought I'd use it but so far I've made a couple of picture frames and today I made a Old tackle shadow box.
I still need to get some eye hooks, wire and a hangar, as well as some plexiglass so its not finished yet.

The lures came from a friend of the family who passed back in the late 80s. The lures are from the 50's and 60's.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work, that looks great Brian.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:10 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, that's really cool. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thks fellas.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's going to be really cool

Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 73  Next