Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

D or M

Dewalt
26%
Milwaukee
50%
Other
18%
Cake
6%

Total votes : 34

Re: Dewalt or Milwaukee?

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm

You do realize that you have no income, no home, and a limited amount of usable funds and you are buying tools and guns????

Those are luxury wants, not needs.

You need to think about your priorities man. I wish you the best and all, but it wasnt that long ago that other folks bought you underwear and I think you DIDNT learn a thing.

You have a TON of growing up to do. Just my opinion.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:55 pm

We have Milwaukee on the ship. They see some abuse. Drills: Chuck's suck, slip a bit a few times and it slips Everytime. 4" grinder: I'm impressed, we've only killed two, motor bearings. Impact: we have 1/4" and the little 1/2" work fantastic. Just got the big 1/2 out of the box today... Sawzall and porta band: fantastic.

I have a buddy who has everything Ryobi makes, he is happy...

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 pm

If you’re serious about 3/4-1 ton truck lug nuts then get the Milwaukee FUEL impact or if you want to be different the Ingersoll Rand lithium.

However the IR line is limited to mostly mechanic’s type cordless power tools where Mill Walkie is more broad.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:22 pm

Old Growth wrote:You do realize that you have no income, no home, and a limited amount of usable funds and you are buying tools and guns????

Those are luxury wants, not needs.

You need to think about your priorities man. I wish you the best and all, but it wasnt that long ago that other folks bought you underwear and I think you DIDNT learn a thing.

You have a TON of growing up to do. Just my opinion.

Tools make work more efficient...and less costly in the long run. There are quite a few projects where I burned a lot of fuel and/or paid for someone to do something, because I didn't have the tools to do it myself. All that stuff adds up.

I'm talking the difference between buying a cheap kit for $100 and a 2 pc dewalt/milwuakee kit for less than $200 that would then work with future tool purchases. I'm investing in my future. I'd be with you if I were talking about blowing $600 on a full on a set of tools I might use twice...

Being able to do the work I need to get done on my vehicles is important, and having decent tools makes it easier.

I'm selling a gun to buy a gun.. So.... not really that big of a deal either, IMO.

I'm trying to look to the future... and prepare as best I can.. Tools that lost a long time are an investment, and even IF I get into a shit situation and need to sell them, I can sell them and still get decent money back, and I'll have gotten use out of them while I had them. What's the resale value on a $40 B&D drill? $10? What's the resale value on a $200 Milwuakee set? $120?140?

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 pm

I ended up grabbing an M18 Milwaukee combo, 1/4" impact and drill, with 2 of the smaller batteries, for $140, Brand new.

Apparently Home Depot had a pre- Black Friday sale and this dude bought it only to realize the bigger pack he actually wanted was a black Friday sale item...

He's right, since if you buy the $400 kit with 2 tools and the HUGE batteries, you get 2 free tools (or 2 free HUGE batteries). He'd spend $300 just for the 2 extra tools. He used a coupon so he actually made money on the deal.. the SOB... smart dude.. Hahaha..

So, yay for me!

Ridgid was actually more expensive than Milwaukee, and Ryobi and Bosch were pretty close but had half the warranty. The tools I got have a 5 year warranty..

I'm stoked.
Post a reply