Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Pistol Case From Old Table

Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:30 pm

Had an old table in the garage. It was so beat up, Goodwill wouldn’t take it. So I harvested it for wood to build a pistol case for my son for Christmas. Here is the table in various degrees of disassembly

First step was to lay out the pistol and accessories to size the case. This is a S&W 629, with a 6” barrel.

Then I measured, cut, mitered and assembled the sides of the case

Next step was to cut the bottom and top to size. Since the original table was a veneered hardwood, each cut edge had to be re-veneered to cover the base wood. I used the table saw to skin some veneer from pieces of the table.

Glued the veneer on to the cut edges of the sides and top. Attached the top with hinges and latches

Used some scrap wood to build some partitions for the pistol accessories

Cut a piece of plywood to the shape of the main compartment. Used spray adhesive to attach foam to the plywood, and then carved out the foam to accept the revolver. Covered the foam in black velvet.

Last step was to add an engraved plaque to the inside of the top.

Here is the finished case with the pistol and accessories

My son opened this up this morning, and he loved his Christmas present from his popper!

44 mag vs 9 mm. LOL

Re: Pistol Case From Old Table

Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:25 pm

Damn, dude. You've got skills!

That's freaking cool!

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:39 am

Good job! At first, I thought you were going to build a hidden drawer into that table. :)

I have built boxes and presentation cases. They are a lot more work than you think.

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:54 am

~
Repurposing can be fun. I built a wine cellar and mini pantry out of an old dresser and the heavy pine frame of an old waterbed under the stairs of our split level

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 am

I like it!

Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Love it

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:20 am

Nicely Done! :thumbsup2:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:28 am

That’s just 100% freaking outstanding! :bow:

Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:31 am

Very cool, love it

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:11 am

Very nice repurposed project!!!
I have A LOT of different wood and plywood pieces I’ve saved hoping to use for a project but there it sits....
Post a reply