Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Who makes the best creeper? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have this piece of shit Dodge. It's got a Cummins in it I feel like I gotta have, but the rest of this truck is just dog shit.

For every three days I drive it, I gotta spend a day fixing it to keep it on the road.

This weekends project was hunting down an electrical gremlin, which I've still not found. My third brake light on the cab works, but the two in back on the bed don't. Yeah, yeah, yeah... bulbs, grounds, fuses... all checked... still can't figure it out. All other lighting works fine.

So, anyways... I've a cheap Harbor Freight creeper. It's low profile, which is nice, but it's little wheels don't work well. I'm working on my stuff in the driveway, which is exposed aggregate. No rich guy shop here with smooth concrete floors. I've already busted one of the six wheels off my creeper.

I think I want a pneumantic tire 'off road' style creeper. Anyone have a suggeston or experience with something worth buying?

Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Joe Biden... Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

Seriously though, I’ve still got a craftsman creeper that I’ve had for 40+ years. It’s got metal wheels, made out of wood and bolts. Two things I’ve had to do to repair is to re-tighten bolts/notes and replace the foam and fabric head rest. Some things were made to last back in the day. :wink05:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by Caveman Jim on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Who makes the best creeper?

Catherine Eugenia "Jean" Biden.

Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel your pain, as a fellow dodge truck owner. Goddamn check engine light comes on more often than the dome light,

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dual pneumatics FTW just because.

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pedophiles are pretty good at creeping.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought the HF special today (25 till tomorrow so dirt cheap!). Switching from cardboard to the creeper is like flying business class internationally, I don't want to go back.

Putting PTFE fluid in the joints helped a lot, but I do feel like I need to go on a diet to keep it for long

Ever thought if building one yourself out of casters and 2x4s?

What are your gremlins doing? I have chased a bunch on different cars over the years (I'm a EE, so edumacation helped!).

Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:59 pm

I'd highly suggest getting one with an adjustable incline. That made the world of difference for my back. If you spend any significant time under a vehicle and need to get a little higher. Also, remember the safety glasses. Too many times I've filled my eyes with junk working underneath.

Mon May 03, 2021 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shit, I just gave a good one away. I would just pick up a harbor freight one and weld the wheels if they keep coming loose.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://youtu.be/m3lF2qEA2cw

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon May 03, 2021 2:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought this one at NAPA for $65 (might have been on sale) I’ve been happy with it. My driveway isn’t exposed aggregate, but it ain’t rich guy smooth either...

Mon May 03, 2021 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd put WaJims picture here as the best creeper I've used but he probably wouldn't like that.
He creeped around under my car and I never got dirty.
Winning :thumbsup2:

Mon May 03, 2021 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
I'd put WaJims picture here as the best creeper I've used but he probably wouldn't like that.
He creeped around under my car and I never got dirty.
Winning :thumbsup2:

Pretty hard to compete with that. :bigsmile:

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon May 03, 2021 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a similar situation. I own the cheap Harbor Freight creeper, which I have abused over the years, and I work on my cars on my driveway. My next creeper will have an adjustable headrest! (not that I always have room to tilt it up) Much of the cussing, working on my daughter's vehicle, was due to me being uncomfortable under the vehicle.

I noticed Napa has a creeper with larger rubber wheels and adjustable headrest - didn't look bad.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_8156 ... ut=creeper

Mon May 03, 2021 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use an older Craftsman wood unit, with the adjustable headrest. Works well, but it’s collecting dust since my shooting buddy got a car lift for his shop/ man cave . So nice to stand up under the truck.. :thumbsup2:

Mon May 03, 2021 5:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next