Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 TCB's Pool Install 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So this is not totally DIY, we will be installing everything but the pool

Here is a picture of the back yard where the pool, pool house and shade area will be. The stakes show the locations of the items including the block wall and palm trees that will be relocated (I have 8 mature fan palms on the property). The enclosure will be approximately 80 x 60

Per AZ code you must have a fence around the pool, it must be a minimum of 5 feet high and made of a material that a child cannot climb (which eliminates simple chain link fence). Also per county code I can build a 7' block wall with no permit.....so we are building a 7' block wall around the entire pool

Here is the first delivery of materials, we still need a few items (rebar, mortar mix, etc).

First step is to relocate the power and cable wires to underground. I have the cable part figured out, but the local utility won't answer their phone and when they do they don't schedule anything in this decade.....I am visiting in person on Monday, I will be having a conversation with whomever is in charge.

Once the power and cable have been rerouted, we remove the old fencing and begin digging the yard sprinkler system up and re-routing it.

Then we build the forms and pour the footing for the wall

Stay tuned....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sat May 15, 2021 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't wait! Wearing my speedo now. (shit, now I have sun tan lotion on the key board).

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat May 15, 2021 4:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Can't wait! Wearing my speedo now. (shit, now I have sun tan lotion on the key board).

Don't pretend the pool, or anything water-related, is the reason for the speedo and lotion.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Sat May 15, 2021 4:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is going to be a great thread!

Sat May 15, 2021 6:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In ground Pool, or above ground?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 15, 2021 6:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arisaka wrote:

Hell yeah, my thoughts exactly!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 15, 2021 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:

FTFY :thumbsup2:

Sat May 15, 2021 8:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Who wants to bet that it ain’t suntan lotion.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat May 15, 2021 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
In ground Pool, or above ground?

I guess I should have included that info

We decided to go with a fiberglass in ground pool, least amount of maintenance and easiest install.

We chose the Leisure Pool Eclipse 40 in Crystal Blue with a salt water generator (generates natural form of chlorine from salt). The amount of salt is less that what is in a human tear (percentage wise), you should not be able to smell chlorine, nor taste the salt if done correctly.

https://leisurepoolsusa.com/fiberglass- ... e-eclipse/

we were lucky to even get a pool this year, most other companies told us we would have to wait until next year.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Sat May 15, 2021 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you considered adding a shelter under or next to the pool?

It would add at least $25,000 but since you are already digging out the pool. It’ll only add a few more for digging either deeper.

Atlas Shelter?

You could chalk it up to one expensive gun room.

Sun May 16, 2021 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
Have you considered adding a shelter under or next to the pool?

It would add at least $25,000 but since you are already digging out the pool. It’ll only add a few more for digging either deeper.

Atlas Shelter?

You could chalk it up to one expensive gun room.

No room, I am building a shop this winter and plan on putting in a vault.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would be underground. Under the pool or next to it (meaning underground) Or even under your shop if you have concerns with pool.

Sun May 16, 2021 4:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got the permit for the electrical today, only took about 15 minutes and it was over-the-counter, meaning I didn't have to wait for a plan review or anything like that.

I also ordered the new 400A meter base with dual 200A feeder breakers.

Now we will begin the digging

Wed May 19, 2021 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome, I look forward to updates. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed May 19, 2021 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made a trip to Bullhead for electrical supplies.....$3000 later we have the necessary stuff to relocate the power underground, supply new power to the future shop and power up the pool house.....and yes that is a no on 1639 sticker in the back window.....probably time to remove that

Thu May 20, 2021 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next