Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 The WeenieWagun version eh whatever the hell we're on now... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
No. But I could have sworn it had a fuel selector knob. This would have been in the early 80's.
USMC deuce and a half.

USMC had fording package which almost no other deuces had.

If it was something you switched right before leaving your landing craft, then that's probably it.

Otherwise, it was a driver yanking your chain.

Unless you were at APG and they were testing some wonky stuff.. :D

You added a pic.

Some deuces had multiple fuel tanks, but most did not. In the deuces that had multiple fuel tanks, then yes, they had a fuel tank switch, but had nothing to do with multifuel operation, unless they chose to keep a tank with diesel and another tank full of random crap, for whatever reason.. no switch was needed as the multifuel operation is built into the design of the engine.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

But I distinctly remember a 4 position paddle switch with 4 fuel options.
Ya know, I think I have a picture of the inside in one of my photo albums somewhere.
Never drove one.
Marines had a bunch of duece and a halfs and Amtracs on the ship.
We were just looking around for shit to steal and I noticed the lever.

Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, while working on the deuce I realized the modifications I needed to make were going to not be cost effective..... Retrofitting dual circuit brakes, managing a transmission/transfer case that hasn't been manufactured in 40 years, and just overall reliability and parts acquisition means that, as much as I love the multifuel, it's not really optimal.

So, it's going up for sale.....

I have purchased its replacement... wire transfer is going out...and I'm hoping to pick it up by Friday. Should be getting 7-8 MPG... 8.3L Cummins w/turbo..

Attachment:
IMG_3042.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TW's future whip.

Attachment:
340267271_185766497583896_2278598706855823934_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
TW's future whip.

Attachment:
340267271_185766497583896_2278598706855823934_n.jpg

Only ICT I'd drive...

Attachment:
twisted-metal-movie.jpg

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gotta iron out a couple issues, but it's at home base..

Got pics of it in service...

Attachment:
28347646_web1_OSFDComplaints-NCN-220303-ART_1 (1).jpg

Attachment:
e5utfygk.jpg

The difference between the 1100R20 I had on my M934 and the 1400R20 that are on these.... is.... huge... It's only a couple inches in reality, but Jesus Christ, I gotta crawl onto the step instead of jump onto it... I'm 6'2" and my knee is in my chest just getting down. I need to add another step.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That thing is awesome. Looks like it was well taken care of too. Ocean shores WA? Did you drive her home from there?

Looking forward to the project of Weenie wagon version "whatever the hell we're on now" :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I glanced at your first pic quickly, I was like, “he bought a fire truck?”…

I thought you had a bad back, climbing in & outta that is gonna get old…(yeah, I know you’re gonna put a step in).

Congrats, glad you got what you wanted :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bastards took the FACTORY toolbox. The toolbox and the fuel tank use the same supports. I was gonna remove the box and add a 2nd fuel tank. Tanks are super easy to find. Know what's impossible to find? The fucking supports.

They left me their garage door opener, though.... So, maybe I can get it back? :ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Bastards took the FACTORY toolbox. The toolbox and the fuel tank use the same supports. I was gonna remove the box and add a 2nd fuel tank. Tanks are super easy to find. Know what's impossible to find? The fucking supports.

They left me their garage door opener, though.... So, maybe I can get it back? :ROFLMAO:

Maybe send them a message and ask about getting it back with the explanation why you want it back?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If tool box was in pics or description….

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
If tool box was in pics or description….

They only had like 2 or 3 shitty pics. Hard to tell what was there and what wasn't, but in reviewing pics after the fact, it looks like it's not there, so they did nothing wrong per se.. They probably wanted to re-use it on another piece of equipment.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had a nice long list of things I wanted to get done today....

Replacing air drain valves with 1/4 turn ball valves.

Replacing fuel pickup tube.

Adding a Schrader valve to the fuel cap so I can pressurize/self bleed... it'll be through a regulator set at like 1 or 2 psi... so... just enough to get fuel flowing after changing filters.... I might also research bypassing the lift pump using air but sounds like not a good use of time since the pumps rarely fail and they're like $50 if they do so I'd be better off just keeping a spare on the truck since it takes 10 mins to replace.

Bypassing the transfer case lockup solenoid and modifying the front axle engagement switch not engage in low.

I ended up getting none of the things on my list that I wanted to get done, and a couple things that weren't on my list.

Apparently not all 3/8 compression unions are the same... The threads weren't matching up at all, and the nut supplied with the union was loose as #(%& on the factory fitting... So, who needs tolerances? So, didn't get the air line mod done. I was able to bend the front axle actuator lever out of the way, though, so putting it in low won't engage it.

Even with no air, it does NOT want to budge out of high range now....So, I'm thinking the plunger is stuck... and removing the valve would fix that issue.

It's super easy to access, and I can actually SIT in the hole where the transfer case is, minding my head not to hit the shaft..

Figured out my stall in Reverse issue.. It was indeed a sticking transfer case shift button... I dumped half a can of electrical contact cleaner in there and kept hitting it like a mad man, and it's 99% there, but It's super sensitive and I think I'm just gonna buy a new switch and be done with it... I don't wanna know what happens if I'm going down the road @ 35 MPH and hit a bump and the switch activates...

ABS light was on when I got it.. no clickety clackety... Pulled the 3A fuse... it was good...put it back in.... couldn't find the 15A fuse.. but it's clickety clackety now, so that's progress....

Protection valve is sticking.... Supposed to kick over @ 65PSI but it's closer to 100 PSI before it goes.... So I'll either need to try and clean it, or more likely, just replace it.

There are 2 things that really, REALLY piss me off.. Agencies who let their mechanics install stuff.... who don't know what they're doing... and agencies who just cut every wire they see when they're taking it out of commission because they don't care.

I got both. It's VERY clear that the person who installed the lights and radio and whatnot for the fire department, wasn't a trained EVT.... it's also VERY apparent that they went around cutting whatever wire was in the way to get lights/controls/etc out. They pulled the dash panel out to run wires behind it, which they didn't need to do, then mounted stuff to the dash panel, bending the panel back to fish wires behind the bezel.. which they just flush cut and left sticking out of the dash panel.

I also put together my glad hand air line, with an I/M adapter since I run V fittings. So, I can either use onboard air for tools, or air up the tires (they removed the CTIS), or use that same line, with the adapter, to supply air to the emergency line to check for leaks and whatnot.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next