Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 This ugly little thing ... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I opened my pistol case to find my WML batteries dead a few weeks back. I've tried pressure switches and multiple lights on this one over the years, but I always come back to the paddle. It simply works really well with my support grip in the minimal space available.

With the beatings this kit gets being thrown around daily, it's bound to happen occasionally. Especially since I traded foam for content space years ago!

More frequently the light/laser settings switch gets randomized. So this last time it happened, I grabbed an old Kydex holster...hit it with the heat gun and made an obviously rough molded friction cover.

It snaps on tight, and requires a very simple grasp and yank to clear the light. The way I pinched it to the light during forming, it has an "off" bias while secured to the gun....but also just yanking it off activates the light. I honestly didn't do it on purpose, so the added benefit is just icing on the ugly cake.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Call me as crazy as the next person but I too really like using the pistol lights on my AR’s because for one they are really light (lol) compared to the longer rifle lights and a lot less bulk. :bigsmile:
Yeah I get looks at the range but IDGAF, joke them if they can’t take a fukk. Lol

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
Call me as crazy as the next person but I too really like using the pistol lights on my AR’s because for one they are really light (lol) compared to the longer rifle lights and a lot less bulk. :bigsmile:
Yeah I get looks at the range but IDGAF, joke them if they can’t take a fukk. Lol

I also use pistol lights on my ars also. I put mine on the top rail in front of the buis. They work great and they’re less bulky.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pistondriven wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:

I also use pistol lights on my ars also. I put mine on the top rail in front of the buis. They work great and they’re less bulky.

And you still get clearance for your sights? I'd be interested in seeing a pic or two of that set up if you don't mind.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I couldn’t get a good pic, but the clearance is good. I use griffin sights and a surefire x300.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting. Thanks for posting. Something to consider for sure.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]