Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Need mechanic advice 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Main fuel pump relay #1 cause

Have any more Honda specific questions just drop me a pm... Factory trained Honda Tech for 12years

SHOT SHOW '16 Booth 144 EagleTac Performance Lighting / Pacific Tactical Solutions

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thede&Co wrote:
Main fuel pump relay #1 cause

Have any more Honda specific questions just drop me a pm... Factory trained Honda Tech for 12years

Awesome. Thank you!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've owned countless Hondas, and worked on many many more. If the battery doesn't solve your issue (I don't think it will), replace the cap and rotor. Make sure the distributor has the adjustment screw in it(they like to back out over time). Start cheap. Does it have any problems accelerating? It sounds more like spark than air or fuel. When it does start, does it keep cranking after you let off the key? 99% sure it's not the starter as it would be only clicking at most.

All I want to do is buy a f*cking live chicken. Is that too much to ask?
www.tanddenterprise.com

Unit571 wrote:
Everyone knows Glock is the I-Pod of handguns- who doesn't make something for it...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hauntedxpast wrote:
I've owned countless Hondas, and worked on many many more. If the battery doesn't solve your issue (I don't think it will), replace the cap and rotor. Make sure the distributor has the adjustment screw in it(they like to back out over time). Start cheap. Does it have any problems accelerating? It sounds more like spark than air or fuel. When it does start, does it keep cranking after you let off the key? 99% sure it's not the starter as it would be only clicking at most.

Accelerates just fine. After it starts it does not continue to crank. I'll keep everyone updated with how it runs with new battery. Tomorrow morning will be the true test. Then I will start checking things off the list.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Itchin4Fishin wrote:
hauntedxpast wrote:

Accelerates just fine. After it starts it does not continue to crank. I'll keep everyone updated with how it runs with new battery. Tomorrow morning will be the true test. Then I will start checking things off the list.

If the battery fixes the problem do I get a prize for being correct in the first reply? :bigsmile:

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
Itchin4Fishin wrote:
hauntedxpast wrote:

If the battery fixes the problem do I get a prize for being correct in the first reply? :bigsmile:

Car fired right up this morning. You may have been right... That's your prize. Bragging rights.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, funny I read this.
The woman's 92 honda accord started doing this about a month ago. I looked at her plugs and cleaned them, cleaned battery connections, tested battery, all fruitless. She got a new battery, helped a little, but it is still having this exact problem.
I will sort through this thread and atay tuned!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The best piece of advice was to take it to a shop and pay the diagnostic fee. A REAL Honda Shop, not just some guy who works on them on his time off work as a grocery clerk.

Should have done this before agreeing to buy the car to begin with.

The most expensive way to repair a car is to follow all the "free advice" :bigsmile:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the battery died the alternator will be right behind the battery

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
If the battery died the alternator will be right behind the battery

Nah, I went and picked up a wheel from the seller yesterday and asked him about the battery. He said it was a refurbed one from budget batteries.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even more of a reason. When you have a crap battery it causes the alternator to work that much harder therefore killing it that much faster.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3