Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: Name That Tool

Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:54 pm

Old Jim wrote:
deadshot2 wrote:We played this game on another forum which closed shop several years ago.

Here's a "tool" that I'll bet lots have heard of it's action but don't know why it was used.

There was a time that the bellows was used to pump smoke into the rectum as a cure for several conditions. Hense the phrase "blowing smoke up your ass"

Some also believed that blowing tobacco smoke up a drowning victim's "exhaust pipe" could revive them. At one time they were supposedly standard equipment for lifeguards.

Today we've found that a kit like this isn't necessary to blow smoke up our asses, we have skilled politicians to do the job.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 am

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:27 am

kf7mjf wrote:Image

I have the mate to that. A linemans cleaver.

I have tons of old tools! Over 200 axes. Lots of logging and blasting items etc.

Im surprised to see a bell hatchet show up in here!

Ill have to drag up a few mystery tools to post up.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 am

PMB wrote:Image

Floral Frog

Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:34 am

Old Growth wrote:
PMB wrote:pic of a floral frog

Floral Frog

Thank you Old Growth!

Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:59 pm

The gripping surface furthest from handle has a magnet embedded in it. I've been using it for removing circuit boards from etching solution... No requirement for a magnet in that use, so probably not the intended use.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Specialty pinch clamp.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:49 pm

kf7mjf wrote:Image

Cable crimping tool. Used for either electrical or tethering.

Am I close ?

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:51 pm

RENCORP wrote:Specialty pinch clamp.

What kind of specialty? I've had it for at least 15 years and am confident that I've been using it wrong the whole time. :thumbsup2:

Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:58 pm

I haven't read all the postings. I thought it was about putting real names with screen names.
Like Massive = Dan?
:045:

Name That Tool

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:51 pm

PMB wrote:The gripping surface furthest from handle has a magnet embedded in it. I've been using it for removing circuit boards from etching solution... No requirement for a magnet in that use, so probably not the intended use.

That's for pushing brads into picture frames.

ETA:https://www.woodcraft.com/products/picture-framing-brad-setter?gclid=CJ_f-8WOxtICFUtNfgodJRIG2Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:59 pm

RocketScott wrote:That's for pushing brads into picture frames.

ETA:https://www.woodcraft.com/products/picture-framing-brad-setter?gclid=CJ_f-8WOxtICFUtNfgodJRIG2Q

:pray:
Did you know it already or find it? My Google-Fu has been weak... MadPick described my choice of words in a search as "really fucked up" or something like that.

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:02 pm

PMB wrote:MadPick described my choice of words in a search as "really fucked up" or something like that.

Dude can hold a grudge. icon_eek

However, on that note, I expect that your Google search looked something like this: "what is this weird pliers-looking thingamabob that i found behind the old workbench in the back barn" and then wondered why you didn't get any good results. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:22 pm

PMB wrote:
RocketScott wrote:That's for pushing brads into picture frames.

:pray:
Did you know it already or find it? My Google-Fu has been weak... MadPick described my choice of words in a search as "really fucked up" or something like that.

I've seen it before. I'm a carpenter. I get woodworking catalogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post a reply