Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: Name That Tool

Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm

This had it's start in the late 1860's. I will post the answer in a few days IF someone does not know. There are a couple on here that should know what it is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Crank for starting a car?

Thu May 18, 2017 2:56 pm

Gotta be a Kappernick.

Big knob on one end and from this angle looks fuckin useless.

:bigsmile:

Thu May 18, 2017 3:26 pm

Primer pocket cleaner or reamer ??
:handload:

Thu May 18, 2017 3:33 pm

The tool is a Worthless Barack.
Crooked, black knob, useless, shiny brass on one end, the rest being nothing more than a polished turd.

Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Looks hand made instead of machine bent.....is the shaft solid or a tube.

Thu May 18, 2017 5:27 pm

PMB wrote:I've been carrying these things around for several years and do not know what they were intended for. Something specific? Or made to bend and twist for special jobs? Why the square male drive? The FxF was attached to one when I picked them up at a flea market.

Removing the heads on a deuce (lol).

Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
PMB wrote:I've been carrying these things around for several years and do not know what they were intended for. Something specific? Or made to bend and twist for special jobs? Why the square male drive? The FxF was attached to one when I picked them up at a flea market.

It figures you wouldn't know what those were....Ill bet they're 1/2, 9/16 and possibly 14 and 15mm if they're new enough.

Those Dieseldude are wrenches for loosening the hold down on gas motor distributors so a guy can adjust the timing.

Square male drive attaches two together for leverage.

Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 pm

PMB wrote:

Close with the dental stuff - but that's a vasectomy tool. One jaw grips up close to the nut, and the other, well, it's like a wire stripper...

:shush:

Thu May 18, 2017 8:06 pm

WaJim wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

It figures you wouldn't know what those were....Ill bet they're 1/2, 9/16 and possibly 14 and 15mm if they're new enough.

Those Dieseldude are wrenches for loosening the hold down on gas motor distributors so a guy can adjust the timing.

Square male drive attaches two together for leverage.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread ... y-new-tool!

People hand make those style wrenches to get at the head bolts on a deuce......

Oddball tools have more than one use ;)

Thu May 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Another hint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Yondering wrote:
PMB wrote:

Close with the dental stuff - but that's a vasectomy tool. One jaw grips up close to the nut, and the other, well, it's like a wire stripper...

:shush:

You must have some awfully small nuts!

Thu May 18, 2017 10:55 pm

Old Jim wrote:Another hint

Bullet breech seater.

Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 am

cruffler wrote:
Old Jim wrote:Another hint

Bullet breech seater.

BINGO...... Target shooters used these for seating the bullet into the rifling. The bullet fits inside the cartridge case, which is then inserted into the chamber. The rod is angled to clear the action on a sharps or rolling block. The rod then pushes the bullet forward to engage. The tool is removed and a cartridge case, loaded with black powder and sealed with a fiber wad, is loaded into the chamber.
I would suspect Cruffler is a BPCR shooter or historian. Good Job.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:23 pm

^ Good stuff!

I bought a pallet of cargo restraint chains and snubbers for the chain... Have been removing the stock hooks and replacing with grab and slip hooks.
What are these hooks designed for? ("Cargo restraint." Thanks! haha) Anyone use these and know what they are used to attach to?
Post a reply