Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Muling wood slabs from the Yucatan north: Finale 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is in response to Mike's (PMB) thread about slabbage: /viewtopic.php?f=33&t=93215

Rita & I are headed down to Mike's place this coming Saturday (01 Sep 2018). Since the powers that be have seen fit to restrict the number of people us peasants can send to in PM's, let's arrange this in the thread.

My truck's back in fine fiddle again and can carry up to about 1-3/4 tons of wood (3600 lbs according to the specs). I won't be bringing a trailer as my bed is a bit over 9' with the tailgate down and Mike's reasonably sure none of the slabs are much beyond that.

We're planning on heading down Saturday morning, and returning the same day, late afternoon / early evening. If you'd like us to transport your slab(s), we're asking that you provide help with unloading / loading, be relatively close to a freeway exit (I-5 or maybe 169 if that makes more sense, and then 405 N) and on time. We'll text you on our way up with approximate times we'll get to your location so make sure to include a phone number. If we can bundle & save by having several drop offs at the same place, then more hands make the work light. We'll also arrange the slabs in reverse order in the truck so it's relatively easy to get to yours when it's time.

I know several people have slabs coming to them, so let's coordinate in here to make everyone happy. I also know there are some secret squirrel deliveries to be made, so if necessary PM me to arrange those as well.

So far, I've heard from:
    Mike (Sinus211)
    Jim (Jukk0u)
    Brian (SportsDad60)
    Jim (Isildur)
    wilmermj

Last edited by delliottg on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:46 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hiya DelliottG...
In lieu of responding to your private message and encountering the same limitations and exclusions us lesser members have with the PM system... (on second thought, I'll PM my address so you can look it up on the Google and see if it's someplace you wouldn't mind as a drop point)

I'm over to Kirkland... about 2 miles off of Hiway 405 exit at 160th so possibly quite near your route home to Dooooo-vall? Do you go the Woodinville Doovall road home off of 520 when heading north from Guatemala?

I don't know what you and Sinus discussed, but I can store his goodies here in my garage if that make it any easier on him and you.

Let me know, please, if you have different plans/ideas.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the PM, looks like you're not too far from the hospital so it'd be relatively easy to drop there and an easy shot home via 124th. If Mike's OK with me dropping his stuff off (and maybe Kyle too, I think he's getting a slab that Mike could then mule up to him?), that works for me.

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm in for assistance in any way I can.
I can be wherever ya need me to help. If its in Redmond on Sat, I need about 2 hrs heads up.
Text or call me
Brian 206-498-4988

Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
I can be wherever ya need me to help. If its in Redmond on Sat, I need about 2 hrs heads up.
Text or call me
Brian 206-498-4988

Thanks Brian, do you have a slab coming up as well? My current plan is to stop at Jim (Jukk0u's) place and drop his and Mike's slabs. Paul (Pablo) lives two blocks away from me, so that's an easy drop. The extra manpower would be welcome if you could make it to Jim's place for the drop off.

Anyone else have a slab coming up from South America?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

A bit off the scroll, but the lords have heard the tales of the peasants bellowing about how many pigeons they are allowed to set free at once. How many pigeons doth the people feel they need?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Text or call me
Brian 206-498-4988

Thanks Brian, do you have a slab coming up as well? My current plan is to stop at Jim (Jukk0u's) place and drop his and Mike's slabs. Paul (Pablo) lives two blocks away from me, so that's an easy drop. The extra manpower would be welcome if you could make it to Jim's place for the drop off.

Yes, I believe PMB has set a slab aside for our new Montana home. I am not sure where Jim lives? Is he the one in Redmond?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
delliottg wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Text or call me
Brian 206-498-4988

Yes, I believe PMB has set a slab aside for our new Montana home. I am not sure where Jim lives? Is he the one in Redmond?

He's in Kirkland, not too far from Evergreen Hospital.

Massivedesign wrote:
A bit off the scroll, but the lords have heard the tales of the peasants bellowing about how many pigeons they are allowed to set free at once. How many pigeons doth the people feel they need?

Dan, thanks for asking. For me at least, the most I've ever needed to be able to communicate with has been maybe half a dozen? That seems like a reasonable number, maybe a few more, say 10? Do you have room in your coop for that?

Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:

:bigsmile:
I have never used more than two but then again it sounds like these guys are using a few more!
I'll let them chime in.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If there is room and storage from any of you northenders I would love a slab. I should be able to pick up next weekend but I’m not sure if my schedule atm.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

delliottg wrote:
Dan, thanks for asking. For me at least, the most I've ever needed to be able to communicate with has been maybe half a dozen? That seems like a reasonable number, maybe a few more, say 10? Do you have room in your coop for that?

TEN IT IS!

Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How, who to pay? How much?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

one side of my garage has free space, Matt. I'll be staging a bunch of slabs I think. I'm pretty sure we can pack it in there until you can get down here.

If Mike ends up coming down for his slabs, maybe you can sweet talk him into taking it north and it would then be 40 minutes closer to you.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
delliottg wrote:

TEN IT IS!

You're the man Dan, thanks!

Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
one side of my garage has free space, Matt. I'll be staging a bunch of slabs I think. I'm pretty sure we can pack it in there until you can get down here.

If Mike ends up coming down for his slabs, maybe you can sweet talk him into taking it north and it would then be 40 minutes closer to you.

No way! Fuck that Matt guy!

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next