Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Plumbing frustrations - need suggestions 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Danze valves aren't poor quality. They are one of a few that still uses an all brass valve body (even Grohe has switched to an all plastic body) and Danze has a pretty good warranty program.

It's 15 years old and subject to heat and cold, water and minerals. Shit wears out.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I get your frustration, but you have already spent more time and effort on this than it would cost to have a plumber come and fix it.
Time is Money LC, and being inconvenienced for days along with the frustration just isn't worth it over principle and a few bucks.
YMMV though.
You got 12 years out of a cheap Valve that was installed originally, sometimes sense overcomes principle.
Personally? I would have cut that thing out, bought a couple fittings and sweated a new valve on there and called it a day.
That's what i will be doing tomorrow for a reefer water supply valve, it isn't really very hard to do. If i hadn't gone cheap and easy in the first place, i wouldn't be doing that tomorrow.

The Joy's of home ownership.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
It's 15 years old and subject to heat and cold, water and minerals. Shit wears out.

Hot AND cold are killers. And minerals here in the NW are harsh and make nasty buldup that orings and rotating sealed parts HATE.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shower part arrived this morning. Was a remarkably simple re-installation.

The bulk of the aggravation was the fact the part has NO identification and there are so many similar non-compatible parts on the market by many companies. And no local hardware store carries it, and only 1 in the entire state several hours away.

Once I identified it, which took several hours online looking at images and luckily finding a close approximate and then locating a thread, with a company, which led to a call to that company, and a helpful rep, who ID'd the product as a different company... A call to that company landed the product ID along with a lifetime warranty. Product was shipped same day and arrived Monday morning while I was enjoying my coffee - free.

Installation was simple from there. Great to have my non-leaking and clean shower back again (was impossible to keep it clean with a steady leak).

Lessons learned:
* Start these projects on Monday/Tuesday. Starting mine on Thursday put getting the parts more slowly by a few days.
* Prepare for a longer project than necessary.
* Frustrations aside, the employees at both companies were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. And Danze warranty service was better than anticipated and as good as can be - free product and immediate shipping with no hassle.
* Recorded all information (company, model, dates, phone numbers, web site, warranty info) on a note card in a plastic bag duct taped to the pipe inside the wall.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

leadcounsel wrote:
* Recorded all information (company, model, dates, phone numbers, web site, warranty info) on a note card in a plastic bag duct taped to the pipe inside the wall.

Very nice. thumbsup

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5