Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Spray in bedliner 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
keep going a little more south

full metal jacket

Thanks, sent a request for a quote.

Also considering some DIY kits off amazon. Got the compressor to do it with. But if cost comes close, fuck it - go with the pros and get a warranty.

Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
cmica wrote:
keep going a little more south

full metal jacket

Thanks, sent a request for a quote.

Also considering some DIY kits off amazon. Got the compressor to do it with. But if cost comes close, fuck it - go with the pros and get a warranty.

I honestly don't remember what I paid it was that day after getting my truck. your more than welcome to check it out. not slippery or too soft, 5 yrs still going and life time guarantee

Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have had LineX in the past and it was okay, but make sure you get the UV stabilized stuff if you don't want it to get ashy.
Last time I did a bed I used Monstaliner and was very happy with the way it came out. Great reviews if you search around. As a matter of fact I had some extra so I coated the underside of the deck of my lawnmower and now 2 seasons in it still looks great. I'd recommend it.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quotes from kirkland and auburn were redick af so i said fuhhhhhh dattt

190$ got me 8L of raptor liner + spray gun. Used 2 bottles on tonneau cover, 4 on bed, 1 on tailgate.

I should have used 5 on the bed.

I bought stands (kobalt metal set $65), 4mil plastic liner 10x100 for $45, simple green, primer, break cleaner, sanding pads.

I really haven’t seen a line x or rhino liner up close to see how thick it is but for a fraction of the price I’ll fucking do it myself and I can always touch up later if needed.

The raptor isn’t as tough as I’d hoped it to be but maybe I don’t have the right expectation. Ive definitely scratched thru in small spots but that was when it was metal edge on liner contact:

Installing tonneau on bed, carrying tonneau and hitting side of garage door rail.

The liner looks great, but I’ll see how it holds up over time - i actually use my possessions how they were meant to be used.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LineX is pretty think, we have it on our Tundra. Really tough stuff. Previously, on our old Tacoma, i went the spray in Raptor lining route. First time didn't lay it on with enough coats so it came off easily. We scuffed it and shot it another couple layers on it, and it held up great after that.

Go a couple more passes on yours and it'll fix the issues.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Poly urea. We spray this product on decks and bridge decks by the 55 gallon drum at my work. Makes for a great waterproofing solution for many applications. We used to do vehicles, but there is waaaaay more money in residential, commercial, and industrial waterproofing applications.

Poly = two.

Urea = piss.

Two pisses? :ROFLMAO:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2