Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Spray in bedliner

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Has anyone had this professionally done? How much did it cost? Where did you get it done at?

Re: Spray in bedliner

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:44 pm

There's a place in Burlington called Tucker's, they did a spray-in Line-x liner in our truck years ago. They did an excellent job for a good price (though I don't remember the specific cost) and it has held up very well.

Update: I just checked and both the Tucker's website and the local Line-X website redirect here -- https://www.maxrpmusa.com/ I don't know if they're the same people.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:53 pm

I had a Line-X done in 2002 on my Silverado, still looks like new. Very clean lines, looks perfect. (Lynnwood).
Maybe $550 for an over the rail long bed, forget.
I spent a lot of time comparing several vendor products, Line-X was the best then.

Buddy had Rhino Liner installed, looked like black cottage cheese. Chunks came out when he shoveled gravel.

Line-X is HARD! Will scratch whatever you put on it. Must have little rocks in it or something.
And Line-X also has a lifetime warranty from any location in the USA no matter where you had it done.

Oh ya, drop it off and pick it up later.
You don't want to see the grinder work they do on your new truck before they spray the liner on. Hahahaha

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 pm

GT is right. With all that said, I prefer, Rhino. Its softer, much better anti slip than Line-X. Line-X is tougher, but shit slides everywhere with it. I get Rhino in all my trucks, my dad prefers Line-X. Cost is essentially the same. May have to replace the Rhino more often, but its free. I have had patches done, and its painless, and you can never tell where they were. Went to get Line-X patches fixed last year by Tuckers, and they wanted to charge me.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Poly urea. We spray this product on decks and bridge decks by the 55 gallon drum at my work. Makes for a great waterproofing solution for many applications. We used to do vehicles, but there is waaaaay more money in residential, commercial, and industrial waterproofing applications.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Come down to Ace of Spades Rhino Liners in Auburn.

Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:08 pm

cityslicker wrote:Come down to Ace of Spades Rhino Liners in Auburn.

Does Lemmy still work there?

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 am

Lemmy has gone to sing in a better place.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:28 am

Way further than I was hoping to go, but I'll keep it in mind if I dont find something up north.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:47 am

I just had my new truck done at Line-X of Kirkland. $600 for the standard liner. Line-X (I believe all shops honor) has a lifetime guarantee. My 2004 went 14 years with just one minor ding to the Line-X so it's certainly tough.

Edit to clarify: Line-X warranty covers defects, not abuse. Patches are not free.

Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:17 am

Got a 1st gen tacoma xtra cab that is itching for a liner. Why aces of sprays over somewhere like kirkland?

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:52 am

Tacomas dont have a metal bed, can you still get them done?

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:16 am

DONOTBUGME wrote:Tacomas dont have a metal bed, can you still get them done?

Gen 2 is where they intro’d the composite. Pretty sure 1st gen metal af.

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:18 am

UpDog wrote:
DONOTBUGME wrote:Tacomas dont have a metal bed, can you still get them done?

Gen 2 is where they intro’d the composite. Pretty sure 1st gen metal af.

Thats a cute car.

Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:59 pm

keep going a little more south

full metal jacket
Post a reply