Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: OG Woods/Logging

Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 pm

One of the downsides to living in a rural area where you have weyhauser land behind you is they get to log up to your property line. This maple used to have 3 big offshoots one fell a few years ago these other two just fell about two weeks ago. Appears to be root rot, and the clear-cutting took away the wind break. My mom used to sit up in that tree back in the 80s and watch the coyotes. Told her about it and she was like you should have ple ty of firewood now, :ROFLMAO: yeah no maybe the branches will be firewood lol. Now to get it out of the field.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Gonna split/burn it or make it somewhat useful?

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:03 pm

Old Growth wrote:Gonna split/burn it or make it somewhat useful?

Probably cut up the smaller limbs and make something useful from the main trunks. Gotta figure out how to get them out first

Tue May 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Well, I've never been into Axes other than using them for their intended purpose.
Ordered some leather straps to hang a gun on the wall. Came from Germany, and looks like the company is mostly into the woods tools.
Flyer that came with has a couple dozen axes and their style, uses etc. Gorgeous work from what I can tell. Check out Helko Werk.
Post a reply