Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: The WeenieWagun...

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:10 pm

I take shit seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:12 pm

I found that water pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:21 pm

I think I've finally figured it out.

RocketScott is the man who:

1) Knows it all.
2) Has it all.
3) Will help everyone.

:bow:

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:03 pm

MadPick wrote:I think I've finally figured it out.

1) Knows it all.
2) Has it all.
3) Will help everyone.

4) Is trying to get rid of things

Everything besides the seat (that TW bought) is leftovers or recycled/salvaged. I'd rather use it for something useful than throwing it out

It was fortunate that TW came by for me too. He was a big help with the wiring harness I was working on. Pointed out some things I hadn't thought of and shared what he knew about old diesel vehicles. Even brought me beer and some burgers. Nice to just sit and chat about stuff

Thanks for the vote of confidence though, do you mind calling my wife to let her know about point #1?

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:07 pm

LMAO ... nice.

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:48 pm

RocketScott wrote:
MadPick wrote:I think I've finally figured it out.

1) Knows it all.
2) Has it all.
3) Will help everyone.

4) Is trying to get rid of things

Everything besides the seat (that TW bought) is leftovers or recycled/salvaged. I'd rather use it for something useful than throwing it out

It was fortunate that TW came by for me too. He was a big help with the wiring harness I was working on. Pointed out some things I hadn't thought of and shared what he knew about old diesel vehicles. Even brought me beer and some burgers. Nice to just sit and chat about stuff

Thanks for the vote of confidence though, do you mind calling my wife to let her know about point #1?

I don't know...You (Scott) hooked me up with a 22' long overhead steel beam for my trolley in my shop. I ended up trimming off 3/4" to get it to drop right in place where it needed to go!

I love Scott...

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm

I've been thinking in food storage.

Originally I was thinking a metal storage cabinet as a pantry to keep out critters.... Then realized open shelving wouldn't work too well.

What I did in my (now) mom's ambulance is build a bed, with slots for milk crates underneath , and she fits food/clothes in them. I was thinking something similar when making my counter/storage, and that would work great for canned goods, but I'd be concerned about boxed goods like mac n cheese getting nibbled on or infested if I'm in a bug intense area. I do have an aluminum in bed toolbox that would seal pretty well if I ran a strip of weather stripping along the inside edge... but that's kinda.. iffy.. I'd have to keep the top completely clear to get access to any food inside

thoughts?

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

If you keep your area clean and free from scraps, the critters should never be a problem.

But otherwise, you can use home depot orange buckets. Seal them up, stack them up and label them.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Massivedesign wrote:If you keep your area clean and free from scraps, the critters should never be a problem.

But otherwise, you can use home depot orange buckets. Seal them up, stack them up and label them.

I thought about that, and gamma lids.. but square boxes in round containers lead to a lot of wasted space. obviously canned goods aren't really an issue in terms of being sealed.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:11 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:I've been thinking in food storage.

Originally I was thinking a metal storage cabinet as a pantry to keep out critters.... Then realized open shelving wouldn't work too well.

What I did in my (now) mom's ambulance is build a bed, with slots for milk crates underneath , and she fits food/clothes in them. I was thinking something similar when making my counter/storage, and that would work great for canned goods, but I'd be concerned about boxed goods like mac n cheese getting nibbled on or infested if I'm in a bug intense area. I do have an aluminum in bed toolbox that would seal pretty well if I ran a strip of weather stripping along the inside edge... but that's kinda.. iffy.. I'd have to keep the top completely clear to get access to any food inside

thoughts?

I've given the same thing a thought.

There are plastic totes that have lids that seal pretty good.

Square, (rectangle). And the ones with good lids cost more. Got to check the seals out.

If I could, I'd get several different kinds, then fill halfway with water and leave sitting on their sides, to see if the water leaks out.

And yes, the plastic will keep rodents out, as well as insects.

I've seen mice get into plastic containers only where the plastic had some attractant on the outside. Spilled food, etc.

Keep them clean, and the rodents will look for their food in places where they can more easily smell it.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Gigantic ammo cans would keep the motif consistent.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 pm

jukk0u wrote:Gigantic ammo cans would keep the motif consistent.

I thought about that.

I have a couple 120mm mortar cans but can't think of a way to make them useful.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm

Check out Rusty Rack Co in Fife. I bought a used Uline locker set (2 high x 3 wide) for my work van for $100 otd. Rivet in some L channel for shelf brackets and you have a closet, food storage, and other misc storage in a lightweight aluminum frame. And it’s lockable with pad locks in case you’re worried about basic security.

Could be a very viable overall storage solution for your space.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:19 pm

Sinus211 wrote:Check out Rusty Rack Co in Fife. I bought a used Uline locker set (2 high x 3 wide) for my work van for $100 otd. Rivet in some L channel for shelf brackets and you have a closet, food storage, and other misc storage in a lightweight aluminum frame. And it’s lockable with pad locks in case you’re worried about basic security.

Rusty Rack?

Sounds like jukk's dating profile... ISO of compatible Rusty Rack, no strings....:bigsmile:

Seriously, sounds like a great place to check out :thumbsup2:

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:36 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:Check out Rusty Rack Co in Fife. I bought a used Uline locker set (2 high x 3 wide) for my work van for $100 otd. Rivet in some L channel for shelf brackets and you have a closet, food storage, and other misc storage in a lightweight aluminum frame. And it’s lockable with pad locks in case you’re worried about basic security.

Rusty Rack?

Sounds like jukk's dating profile... ISO of compatible Rusty Rack, no strings....:bigsmile:

Seriously, sounds like a great place to check out :thumbsup2:

More like "Rusty Zipper"....

Mike, is that place in Pacific?
There's an interesting post on the RustyRackGuys facebook page about some goats (I bet that made Joshua sit up - wha? did someone say "goats"?)
Post a reply