Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty cool! :thumbsup2:

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:57 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mmalleck wrote:
Finally finished a sofa table for my daughter. Top is bead board, with a piece of plexiglass found in the moving van we rented for her move to her first place. I set the trim to match the top of the height of the plexiglass. There is a place for pictures between the plexiglass and the bead board. Finished in the same distressed blue that I used for her $25 coffee table. The tile fills the void where the plexiglass wasn't long enough to fill the entire top. I figured it would be good for a flower vase or something.

Love every bit of that! :bow:

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:23 am
FFL / Dealer

cmica wrote:
The509busman wrote:
I started a 20x20deck project now I need to dig 25 post holes tomorrow. M.y forearms heart already lol

what are you using for your deck??

Im looking at doing mine in spring... ive looked at trek deck but my parents part of it is warped. not sure I want just wood with Thompson seal and redo every couple of yrs

choices.....arghhh

I am leaning on 2x6 or 2x10 and a crap load of Thompson’s I live on the dry side so moisture should be less of a concern. I am also having to trench for all my beams in order to stay under my threshold for my slider.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Poured the rest of my counter tops, a coffee table top and the seperate backsplash pieces this week.

The fake rock edge forms I used are going to require some extra work to make them look better. On the list of things to do this winter once the rest of the kitchen is done

Attachment:
20181230_092739.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by NWRed on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very cool. You are much braver that I am, but I bet it will look fantastic when finished.

Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:36 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mmalleck wrote:
Very cool. You are much braver that I am, but I bet it will look fantastic when finished.

+1. I've been intrigued by the concrete countertops.
I bet that is going to be stunning. More pics please!

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:56 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Traut wrote:
Hey Mr. PMB,

If you can easily unbutton a panel on the welder and drop about a half dozen old fashioned moth balls inside, it might prevent future tenants from considering occupancy. Needs to be done a couple times a year as they dissolve over time. Rodents hate 'em. Same with peppermint. Has to be real peppermint, not artifcial flavor. Oh, make sure the mothballs stay clear of the fan blades, if your unit has a fan.

Happy Holidays!

I did not see this until now... Not sure how I missed it.
Thank you Mr Traut. Sounds like good advice. The two welders that came from Idaho both had big pack rat nests in them... I've never had them out here on the wet side.
But I bet that the moth ball / peppermint works on our mice too. :thumbsup2:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
Traut wrote:
Hey Mr. PMB,

If you can easily unbutton a panel on the welder and drop about a half dozen old fashioned moth balls inside, it might prevent future tenants from considering occupancy. Needs to be done a couple times a year as they dissolve over time. Rodents hate 'em. Same with peppermint. Has to be real peppermint, not artifcial flavor. Oh, make sure the mothballs stay clear of the fan blades, if your unit has a fan.

Happy Holidays!

I did not see this until now... Not sure how I missed it.
Thank you Mr Traut. Sounds like good advice. The two welders that came from Idaho both had big pack rat nests in them... I've never had them out here on the wet side.
But I bet that the moth ball / peppermint works on our mice too. :thumbsup2:

I've never known mothballs or peppermint to actually work.

Saw where mice had actually dragged the mothballs to their nest and chewed them up.

Peppermint is supposed to deter spiders and such, as well. I made up a spray bottle with peppermint oil and witch hazel. Sprayed some spiders. They just said thanks for the shower and went about their business. Never left the vicinity.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dryer cloths and mice...........doesn't work either.

Armor wires, trap and kill mice.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Dryer cloths and mice...........doesn't work either.

Armor wires, trap and kill mice.

Yep. Those just become part of a nice soft nest.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My old Chevy has been sitting in the back yard for about 10 years and had become Rodent Central Station. I put mothballs on the air cleaner, in the jockey box and on the floor, and no more vermin. It's important to use the good old fashioned Grandma's style mothballs with napthalene (?), I think. Some of the newer organic PC shit won't even work on moths.

FWIW - https://www.colonialpest.com/do-mothbal ... l-animals/

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
It's important to use the good old fashioned Grandma's style mothballs with napthalene (?), I think. Some of the newer organic PC shit won't even work on moths.

That's because they don't want to hurt them, they're trying to garner their votes...

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Traut wrote:
It's important to use the good old fashioned Grandma's style mothballs with napthalene (?), I think. Some of the newer organic PC shit won't even work on moths.

That's because they don't want to hurt them, they're trying to garner their votes...

No doubt! :bigsmile:

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I built a "lighting generator"....actually just a step up transformer in a tackle box. I added a switch and a light so I could be sure the power was off before moving anything.

I plan on doing some "Lichtenberg wood burning"

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is some cool stuff^^^ post pics of results!!

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 73  Next