Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went out to trim the hedge with my Stihl hedge trimmer. Of course, it runs like crap. Bogged down at full throttle, and primer build wouldn’t return. Bogging was due to spark arrestor being plugged. Primer bulb malfunction was stuck check valve in carb. Used a torch to burn the crud off the spark arrestor screen, and then hit it with a wire brush. Took apart carb and freed up check valve, but it won’t last. One of those rubber diaphragm flapper check valve things. Carb rebuild kit is only 3 bucks, but wouldn’t get here until October. Some poor fucker is swimming it over from China. Screw that. New carb is $12 and should get here in a week. Hoping the trimmer will make it through tomorrow, and then hedge trimming will be done for the year. If not, it’s either old school hand clippers or wait a week for the new carb.

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I assembled my HF 30” wheeled magnet for the pit cleanup...

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Made an aluminum spacer so I could install a Sage stock on a H&R semiauto 12ga. 36" collapsed, 8 rounds. :bigsmile:

Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought a cheap x/y axis sliding vise from amazon and some endmill bits.

I R machinsts now :thumbsup2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:

Where's that like button???

I wanna smash it!

:bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
NWRed wrote:

Where's that like button???

I wanna smash it!

:bigsmile:

There is a Like button feature now. Hit "Ctrl" and "L" :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:35 pm

My kitchen sink has been draining slower and slower over the years.... I had been able to get it back to draining 'well' the last year or two by just plunging it when it backed up, but I had realized there was more to be done about it. Decided to pull the drains off the sink and gd and give them a good cleaning --- figured it should be ~1 hour task...... ended up taking the better part of 3 hours.... I had to fight to get the slip joint off the gd outlet for a good hour+!!! Damn, I was so worried that I was going to crack or break something and make it into a massive and $$$ mess.... but a bit of persistence and I finally got it off. Once I did.... HOLY HELL --- the 1 1/4'" id of the pipe was SO clogged - only ~1/2" hole thru it at best! The cross over drain and p tube required the pressure washer to clear out, and god did that make a mess.... The down pipe from the sink was just as bad... struggled to figure out how to clear that without taking the pipe off the sink.... finally figured that I could use a piece of 1/2" pvc - cut a slot in the end - slide a plastic business card in - drill a hole and twisty to hold in place - wrap card around pvc and insert into drain and spin the opposite direction. Worked pretty well, but damn there was a LOT of build up after 20 years! Quite the pain in the ass, but now my sink drains like it should, and I expect the nasty odors to be gone for quite some time too. I never realized that it really needs to be done on a regular basis - like every 5-10 years.... My buddy says he has to do his at least every other year, so I guess I'm kinda lucky.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Every once in a while do this. Ohshoot got me using it. Wlrks awesome and helps the bacteria in your septic tank.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001N09KN4/re ... kFb70R95CC

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Every once in a while do this. Ohshoot got me using it. Wlrks awesome and helps the bacteria in your septic tank.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001N09KN4/re ... kFb70R95CC

I was tempted to leave a review on there saying it tastes horrible...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Replaced carbs, and tuned up both my Stihl gas hedge trimmers. The days of rebuilding small engine carbs seem to be gone. Rebuild kits are harder to find, and complete carbs are only $12.

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't seem like a hole lot but sick of digging and prying out and having an enlarged post hole when replacing wooden fences. One cheap Harvard Fright farm jack and shorty tow strap. DIY without wrenching my back. Bam.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Doesn't seem like a hole lot but sick of digging and prying out and having an enlarged post hole when replacing wooden fences. One cheap Harvard Fright farm jack and shorty tow strap. DIY without wrenching my back. Bam.

:thumbsup2: Smarter not harder

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:
Pablo wrote:

:thumbsup2: Smarter not harder

Smarter, not older.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oven stopped working. Display and everything dead. Traced the problem back to a bad 240V breaker. I’ve never had a breaker go bad before. The breaker is a Cutler Hammer, of a configuration that’s apparently hard to find. Finally found a double pole 40 CH at Lowe’s. Covered in dust - probably been there for years.. I guess they are obsolete these days. Anyway, replaced the breaker, oven works, and decided I earned a bourbon and cigar.

Seems like a lot of shit is breaking lately.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Oven stopped working. Display and everything dead. Traced the problem back to a bad 240V breaker. I’ve never had a breaker go bad before. The breaker is a Cutler Hammer, of a configuration that’s apparently hard to find. Finally found a double pole 40 CH at Lowe’s. Covered in dust - probably been there for years.. I guess they are obsolete these days. Anyway, replaced the breaker, oven works, and decided I earned a bourbon and cigar.

Seems like a lot of shit is breaking lately.

Move.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 73  Next