Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 75  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
I built a gate from the ground up for the homeland.

You built the gate? Or you bought it and hung it?

Either way, great work! :bigsmile:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:14 pm
FFL / Dealer

Bolted my 60 gallon compressor to the floor and added a 50 foot hose real and new regulator . It feels good to have air tools up and running again , after entering management and taking my tools home I hated not having air for my air tools.

Sat May 02, 2020 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
Bolted my 60 gallon compressor to the floor and added a 50 foot hose real and new regulator . It feels good to have air tools up and running again , after entering management and taking my tools home I hated not having air for my air tools.

What did you go with?

I'm still using my wheelbarrow compressor to run air tools. It works great for nail guns but the 1" impact sucks the tank empty in two seconds

Sat May 02, 2020 8:37 am
FFL / Dealer

RocketScott wrote:
The509busman wrote:

What did you go with?

I'm still using my wheelbarrow compressor to run air tools. It works great for nail guns but the 1" impact sucks the tank empty in two seconds

I found a deal on a husky " pro" ( guy bought it didn't hook it up moved 3 times and sold it to me $300 ) ( campbell hausfeld) 11 cfm at 40 psi 9.9 at 90 psi central pneumatic regulators and air lines. It is a 60 gallon up right I am going to keep researching a silencer for it but just bolting it to the floor helped a lot with noise. It is not quite the cfm I wanted but it will work for a home shop. I keep having to remind myself it is just a home shop. only thing I am not certain it will keep up with for long periods of time would be a blast cabinet, but that is down the line anyways.

Sun May 03, 2020 9:00 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I left my 15 HP 80 Gallon Ingersoll Rand on the pallet.
Figured I might have to move it someday, wasn't too worried about someone stealing it.

Sun May 03, 2020 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This one is kinda funny.

I got a bunch of QuickFist clamps over the years. Put a set in to hold my 3D LED Maglite on underseat Molle rack in the Tacoma

I was going to mount an appropriate fire extinguisher on the other Molle rack, but of course I didn't have the right size QuickFist (arrgh) but I had some larger sizes so I decided to mount my largest fire extinguishers on the wall in my shop. And yes really sweet. Mount at 5 feet from ground, perfect spots. Be all fire conscientious and stuff. One up. Nice. Except the 2nd one, very last hole run the screw in and.......................................the lights go out. WTF??? Back screw out, walk over to breaker box, yep one tripped........geesuz jeshosaphat...........of every hole I have drilled in 40+ years never hit power or a pipe......idiots. Seems like a strange wire height. AND No protection plates! So had to open the drywall put an outlet box in to make a new junction (easy, cheap, legal) but still what a PITA!! Oh yeah the screw was hot to ground, but breaker tripped just that quick, not even any arc marks. Funny now I guess.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sun May 03, 2020 2:02 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pablo wrote:
This one is kinda funny.

I got a bunch of QuickFist clamps over the years. Put a set in to hold my 3D LED Maglite on underseat Molle rack in the Tacoma

I was going to mount an appropriate fire extinguisher on the other Molle rack, but of course I didn't have the right size QuickFist (arrgh) but I had some larger sizes so I decided to mount my largest fire extinguishers on the wall in my shop. And yes really sweet. Mount at 5 feet from ground, perfect spots. Be all fire conscientious and stuff. One up. Nice. Except the 2nd one, very last hole run the screw in and.......................................the lights go out. WTF??? Back screw out, walk over to breaker box, yep one tripped........geesuz jeshosaphat...........of every hole I have drilled in 40+ years never hit power or a pipe......idiots. Seems like a strange wire height. AND No protection plates! So had to open the drywall put an outlet box in to make a new junction (easy, cheap, legal) but still what a PITA!! Oh yeah the screw was hot to ground, but breaker tripped just that quick, not even any arc marks. Funny now I guess.

Yikes!! Nail plates are oh so important. Some people drill right thru tho.

My first house was missing a few too I found a drywall nail right through some romex but it connected neutral to ground and wasn't gfci so no one knew. You'll never remember where the wires are once the rock is up!

I use the quick fist holders on my tractor to hold shovels and rakes but I have mixed success. They dont want to stay tight and they slide around and get caught on stuff. That looks like a better use!

Sun May 03, 2020 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kgbsucka wrote:

I use the quick fist holders on my tractor to hold shovels and rakes but I have mixed success. They dont want to stay tight and they slide around and get caught on stuff. That looks like a better use!

Quikfist WAY overadvertises the actual clamping range. Too small, no clamp. Too large, no way strap even make first position - BUT item is within the size range on package ..hmmm..........BS. There are just some things none of their clamps work on. I think that's why they were just sitting in the first place. They did bolt nicely to the little rack though. #10 stainless hardware.

Yeah, I probably would have been posting in the pissed off thread if I hit a water pipe, so there is that. AND Better than the who died today thread!!

Sun May 03, 2020 3:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pushed out the firepit gravel pad from 10' to 14'. Poured the concrete corner pads yesterday in the rain, stripped and put in the 2x4s today and pushed some gravel around. More gravel tomorrow. Started the carport expansion in the afternoon - got the pallet racking bolted to the footings that I poured a couple days ago when it wasnt pouring rain. Going to be a 14' x18' covered area to store material (on the racking) and build stuff.

Attachment:
20200501_195009.jpg

Attachment:
20200503_143758.jpg

Attachment:
20200503_160017.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The509busman wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
The509busman wrote:

What did you go with?

I found a deal on a husky " pro" ( guy bought it didn't hook it up moved 3 times and sold it to me $300 ) ( campbell hausfeld) 11 cfm at 40 psi 9.9 at 90 psi central pneumatic regulators and air lines. It is a 60 gallon up right I am going to keep researching a silencer for it but just bolting it to the floor helped a lot with noise. It is not quite the cfm I wanted but it will work for a home shop. I keep having to remind myself it is just a home shop. only thing I am not certain it will keep up with for long periods of time would be a blast cabinet, but that is down the line anyways.

It will eventually crack/break a leg off if its bolted to solid concrete. Those things vibrate a TON.
If bolted down, it needs to have rubber isolators under each foot.

Mon May 04, 2020 11:17 am
FFL / Dealer

It will eventually crack/break a leg off if its bolted to solid concrete. Those things vibrate a TON.
If bolted down, it needs to have rubber isolators under each foot.[/quote]

I did buy thee kobalt compressor pad kit . Worked well

Today i did another peg board it looks good but I did this one by meh self my wife’s work was way better.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 04, 2020 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still 509, that is pretty cool in my book.

Let me see..........yesterday I sprayed down the concrete repair, masked and gloved up and cleaned the shed out rodent dropping and pissed on items - fully realizing people have died doing this.

Peanut butter and pecans and almond butter ain't catching shit in couple kinds of traps...........one week and just one mouse trap tripped, nothing. So yesterday I rigged a smooth roller bucket trap....will see later this AM.

OH and after sweating my ass off doing yard work, mowing the jungle and all. I installed these Quick Fists:

Sat May 09, 2020 5:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:

Let me see.........., masked and gloved up and cleaned the shed out rodent dropping and pissed on items - fully realizing people have died doing this.

Peanut butter and pecans and almond butter ain't catching shit in couple kinds of traps...........one week and just one mouse trap tripped, nothing. So yesterday I rigged a smooth roller bucket trap....will see later this AM.

You should look over my pest control thread in the WaGuts forum.
I’ve had two mice and one rat in the last 5 months. And I’m watching out for them almost every evening.

Sat May 09, 2020 2:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

survivor wrote:
Pablo wrote:

Let me see.........., masked and gloved up and cleaned the shed out rodent dropping and pissed on items - fully realizing people have died doing this.

You should look over my pest control thread in the WaGuts forum.
I’ve had two mice and one rat in the last 5 months. And I’m watching out for them almost every evening.

Will do!

Sat May 09, 2020 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More concrete mixing.
Making poles/stands for serious moveable badminton net!

Chainlink fence posts, eye bolts, buckets, concrete.

Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 75  Next