Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I installed a HD death trap brute mail box yesterday. Probably eventually tweakers could saw through the steel, aluminum and wood and take the whole box to get some junk that didn't go to the PO Box. ahahahahhahahahhahahahah :ROFLMAO: :wagwoot: :thumbsup2:

Let’s see, to quote you…

No Pics? No link?

Epic fail!

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Pablo wrote:
I installed a HD death trap brute mail box yesterday. Probably eventually tweakers could saw through the steel, aluminum and wood and take the whole box to get some junk that didn't go to the PO Box. ahahahahhahahahhahahahah :ROFLMAO: :wagwoot: :thumbsup2:

Let’s see, to quote you…

No Pics? No link?

Epic fail!

6" snow now. You will be waiting. Forever!

https://www.fortknoxmailbox.com/

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put a leather wrap on my Henry .22 Large Loop

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:29 pm

Ok... went up and took a shower tonight.... when I got done I noticed that the shower head kept dripping ---- a LOT more than normal --- after fucking with it for a while and screwing with the handle its still dripping like a SOB.

Wasn't leaking before this shower..... leaking like shit after. I'm guessing the cartridge is fucked? Its 25 years old - it would not be surprising....

Input? Go down to McLendons and get a new cartridge? Thats my guess right now ----- its pissing me off that its just sitting there dripping like a mother right now.....

Fucking with the handle I can hear the valves closing, but when I let go it starts leaking again..... Guessing the seals are gone?

HELP!

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My brother-in-law bought my other brother-in-law an Ar lower for his birthday

So I made both of them long punches for getting the bolt catch roll pin in

Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:30 pm

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Ok... went up and took a shower tonight.... when I got done I noticed that the shower head kept dripping ---- a LOT more than normal --- after fucking with it for a while and screwing with the handle its still dripping like a SOB.

Wasn't leaking before this shower..... leaking like shit after. I'm guessing the cartridge is fucked? Its 25 years old - it would not be surprising....

Input? Go down to McLendons and get a new cartridge? Thats my guess right now ----- its pissing me off that its just sitting there dripping like a mother right now.....

Fucking with the handle I can hear the valves closing, but when I let go it starts leaking again..... Guessing the seals are gone?

HELP!

Okay - got this sorted out today...... did all sorts of researching and watching vids on monday --- trying to figure out the model of my shower valve - no luck. Took a pic of it and headed down to McLendons yesterday - showed it to the guy in plumbing..... 'Yep, thats a delta series 70 ball valve --- probably just need new valve seats/seals ($2.68) --- this is how you do it....' AWESOME!!!! Didn't think it was prudent to try to install at 5pm in case something went wrong -- no way to get any parts. Got on it ~11 this morning --- went really easy..... except..... after I got it all together - no drip - works ---- but.... the weight of the handle would cause the valve to close...... I 'figured' that it would be a good idea to put silicone grease on the ball and sphere seal.... probably not..... so I took it apart again and cleaned all the grease off and reassembled. Well --- I wasn't paying attention and sheared the little tit off the ball seal ring :frust: so the 'triangle' was not clocked right..... A trip back down to McLendons for the part ------ none in stock!!!! I figured I could try and get the old part back in so that I could turn the water back on and HOPEFULLY get it clocked right..... After 3 tries, got it in 'close enough' --- got the tension nut set so the handle doesn't drop ---- All is good again!!!!

Another punch on the man card for fixing a shower valve! Its a simple enough thing to do.... but still has the potential to turn into a real nightmare if you fuck up one little part. I'm amazed that it went back together the first time ---- I wish I had known about the tension nut at first ---- I actually did, but 'assumed' that it wouldn't move during dis/reassembly.... I was more worried that I don't have a spanner to adjust, but the dude at McLendons said just use two screwdrivers....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good on you!

I HATE messing with Delta ball valves.

Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Updating the family room - paint the knotty pine paneling/replace the carpeting with lvp/replace the fake brick behind the wood stove/ new trim.

What we started off with : all original 1983 family room, complete with carpet that faintly smells like cat piss in one corner after repeated carpet cleanings

Won some 5/4 x3 material at an auction, cheap enough to justify chopping it up into sizes the wife likes.

Tear up the carpet, and used kilz primer on the concrete floor. Removed all the trim and rolled/sprayed an oil based primer on everything - sticks to the varnished wood.

Removed the fake mini-brick crap that was broken/not glued in place correctly, and replaced with concrete bricks to be painted a different color eventually

Cut/paint/install trim boards

Next step is unfuck the skylights and then the flooring next week hopefully. So fucking sick of painting stuff

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice.

My old fert taste I may have left the ceiling and beams as is or cleaned and recoated, But the rest is sharp.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Farming season started........hahahahah

Moved a decent size Japanese maple from front of the house to back. Carefully digging the root ball was a biotch. Hard enough, then dig a new hole. Phew

Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

NWRed, you've got skills, man. :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
NWRed, you've got skills, man. :bow:

It looks good in the pics, up close you can see I'm actually a hack. :bigsmile:

Pablo wrote:
Really nice.

My old fert taste I may have left the ceiling and beams as is or cleaned and recoated, But the rest is sharp.

When we first moved in, it seemed great but 6 months of the year it just seems really dark due to the wood, versus the rest of the house which is mostly drywalled and painted a lighter color. Removing the carpet and painting the concrete made a difference in brightening it up.

I just do what the wife wants to for the most part, I'm not super picky as long as it isnt real expensive. Happy wife , keep my life, you know? :thumbsup2:

Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWRed wrote:

I just do what the wife wants to for the most part, I'm not super picky as long as it isnt real expensive. Happy wife , keep my life, you know? :thumbsup2:

Exactly. :bigsmile: icon_eek :thumbsup2:

Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Helping a friend build a roof over his deck

Cut up some angle iron for the post connectors and made some angle braces from 5" C channel and 3/16 plate.

Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fully tore down the head on one of my j-head bridgeports at work to replace a low range bearing.

Went to remove the bad bearing and tried the old grease trick(if the bearing or bushing is in a blind hole, fill it with grease, and put the shaft in it, whack it with a mallet and it squirts the bearing up) Well at first it started to move, so fill with more grease, repeat, and again.... Then, i blew a hole in the floor of the hole and out the bottom of the casting. Fuck! Apparently the bearing area has a paper thin oil relief under the bearing, it decided to move instead of the bearing.

This still should be an easy fix since the actual bearing support isnt damaged, i made a blockoff plate, and i'm going to screw/epoxy it in place. Apparently the pros drill a couple holes thru the casting to the race, and drive it out that way.

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 73  Next