Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 73  Next
 What did you DIY today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've gotten started on making a new king size bed frame for the wife and I. Nothing too intricate, but also not from China.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
PMB wrote:
I have about 4 hours to build a toe jack and set of machine skates... So this post is a pry bar to get me out of my convalescence and into the shop cutting, grinding, welding, sanding and painting.

Dont forget swearing.

And a 'what are you drinking' thread...

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Was able to get started on the new IT rack at our new office.

Wow, the new WaGuns server looks dead sexy !

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Was able to get started on the new IT rack at our new office.

Where does the clownspiderthingy fit?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Boss said kill the rest of the day since our entire project got shut down.

Knew a bucket needed hard faced. From lemons we make lemonade.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:

Is that a pattern weld with a particular kind of rod?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I made a hummingbird feeder heater.

The heart of the feeder is a thermo cube that I installed between the outdoor outlet and the heater.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/120-VAC-15A ... /100210525

For the heater itself, I used a clamp work light with a low-wattage light bulb (15w, IIRC) for the heat source. Just warm enough so you can hold it in your hand, not burn you. Don't want to make the juice too hot for the little guys.

I topped it with an upside-down Noosa yogurt container and wrapped it and each electrical connection with plastic bags.

The heater was then mounted on a long garden stake tall enough to put the warmer under the feeder which I mounted on the window.

You can see that the warmer is on because of the red glow of the container and the light shining through the holes in the lamp. It got down to about 26 degs here and ordinarily, the juice would have frozen.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to McClendon's today for some Daly's or Minwax stain. Fruitwood. Fucking fruitwood. It's a staple stain. "Nope, don't have it." nor do they carry the little ketchup packet-like samples.
Same deal with HD. (although it looks like there may be a trend to paint counter tintable stains/urethan.

So, frack. Now I have to travel further afield to try to match a color on aged wood (always a fracking challenge and an exercise in compromises)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:
dan360 wrote:

Is that a pattern weld with a particular kind of rod?

Just some Lincoln hard face gas shielded flux core. “Dual shield” if Esab won’t sue me.

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.macphersonleather.com/lacecalf.htm

https://www.tandyleather.com/en/category/lacing

I always ask folks, who may carry stuff in the category of goods for which I am searching but which they do not provide, if they know where to source....

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few days ago, found a nasty leak coming from the bottom of the pressure switch for muh well. Since our home is a "senior" (55+), unsure what trouble I would find, I waited till today to do the deed.

(images too large)

Changed out nipple and pressure switch with no issues.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Completed the baffroom project and wife says it looks spiffy. Shower, snack and nap in order.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Played with my caulk all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I see what you did there.^^^ :wink05:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
I see what you did there.^^^ :wink05:

So...

BOTH of you are going to go blind?

Do justice. Love mercy.

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1085 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 73  Next