Switch to full style
Do-It-Yourselfers, let's talk about home, auto and other non-gun related projects!
Post a reply

Re: What did you DIY today?

Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:55 pm

That bed looks like it would withstand a couple of 300 pounder's getting really busy. :rofl9:

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:13 pm

usrifle wrote:That bed looks like it would withstand a couple of 300 pounder's getting really busy. :rofl9:

Might need some fore-aft diagonal bracing if they were going at it doggy style.

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:25 pm

Arisaka wrote:
usrifle wrote:That bed looks like it would withstand a couple of 300 pounder's getting really busy. :rofl9:

icon_eek :ROFLMAO: :rofl9:

That made me LOL. :thumbsup2:

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:22 am

Arisaka wrote:

I dont know what the pan decking I used for the mattress support is rated for, but I'm thinking the 2x8 siderails are the weakest part of the design. Through bolted with 3/8" bolts , impacted snug and resting on the cross piece of the head board.

Ive got to build a replacement sofa table after selling the last one
<gif> ILikeMoney</gif>.

Contemplating making 3 or 4 cast concrete tiles for the top on the new one :bigsmile:

Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:45 pm

I had ordered one of these holsters for my Canik TP9 SF, and the one they had listed is for the "Elite".

https://comp-tac.com/international-hols ... -comp-tac/

I didn't realize the Elite was 1/4" shorter, and with the slightly enclosed Muzzle end the SF when Holstered would unlock the slide for that 1/4" and not seat.
Well crap....i really liked the holster and it's carry options, but they don't offer one for the SF length.

So out came the Dremel with a cutoff wheel and the problem was solved.

I dun fixed it.

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:16 pm

Looks like the big dip in the mattress is going to be at about the hip level. LOL

Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Selador wrote:Looks like the big dip in the mattress is going to be at about the hip level. LOL

A 2x6 fills the gap nicely :bigsmile:
Honestly my mattress is so thick its not noticeable.

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:35 am

usrifle wrote:I had ordered one of these holsters for my Canik TP9 SF, and the one they had listed is for the "Elite".

https://comp-tac.com/international-hols ... -comp-tac/

I didn't realize the Elite was 1/4" shorter, and with the slightly enclosed Muzzle end the SF when Holstered would unlock the slide for that 1/4" and not seat.
Well crap....i really liked the holster and it's carry options, but they don't offer one for the SF length.

So out came the Dremel with a cutoff wheel and the problem was solved.

I dun fixed it.

The Blackhawk Omnivore will take any pistol with a rail. .22-45.

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Finished my sofa table finally , just need to touch up the stain in a couple places.

2x6s ripped in half, scorched with a propane torch and then stained
Hardieplank siding in 6",7",8" widths, cut to 12" and stained

Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Pretty flimsy by your standards, Red. Better beef it up some. Forge 'X' brace straps maybe?

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:47 pm

Traut wrote:Pretty flimsy by your standards, Red. Better beef it up some. Forge 'X' brace straps maybe?

:ROFLMAO:

Its for sale, so I wanted the milf who buys it to be able to have her soiboy bf carry it out of my house with minimal assistance :bigsmile:

Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:58 am

Replaced the fan in the dehydrator today. Original fan replaced in 2008.

dehyd.jpg

dehyd_2.jpg

I made this in '99, from fairly cheap materials and simple plans that Mrs. found in "Preserving the Harvest". Works great for fruit, veggies, meats... Need to be carefull, or it will work "too well" on jerkey. 18lb capacity (depending on the strength of your screens, I guess)

Only problem: this one uses 75w incandescent lights for heat. I bought up a bunch of extra bulbs before they quit making them... Next will be to build new or convert this one, to use an old stove element for heat.

Also, I can't find a comparable temperature control like this, for less than $$$ any more. (correct temp range, adjustable offset, etc.) Fortunately, picked up a spare when I could find them for ~$30.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:01 pm

^ Impressive, Owen!

Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Nice!

I've got a little heater unit that came out of a drier (I think). I'll PM some pics to see if that would work
Post a reply