Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Christie Battery Charger 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The best battery charger that I have ever owned... Finally made a fizzy noise and stopped charging. Much consternation around the Chicken Ranch.
Here it is with the top removed...

Shelob's Lair. It was much worse than a photograph makes it look... The flash seems to "cut through" the thick webs. I could not see to the bottom through the dusty webs.

So the first job is to dive in there and kill any remaining Shelobs and then clean it up a bit :

The next job is to find some wire markers and label each of the wires...

Very nice of Christie to use color coding or wire markers at the factory! :ROFLMAO:
This type of battery charger is very simple and robust... So drawing up a wiring diagram (schematic) should be pretty easy. I could not find one online. A wiring diagram and/or color coded/ numbered wires would have sped this job up.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks pretty simple. You should be able to fix it with a little troubleshooting.

Looks like a voltage regulator attached directly to the solenoid. I would replace it no matter what other problem you find.

I noticed a light bulb they might be using for resistance. Make sure it’s good. If not you must replace it with an exact same replacement. The wattage and voltage is very important to make that circuit work properly.

Last edited by scorpion rider on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:55 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Yes, very simple design. I wish more were built this way. Top notch charger.
I am betting on the diodes under that sheet of aluminum.

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wish I could find one of those older battery chargers. The new one are cheesy

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have one new fancy “smart” charger. It sucks so much. I pick up older chargers when I see them. I have 4 that were less than 5 bucks each. That should last me till I die.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Did anyone ever find or draw a schematic diagram for these chargers? Would really appreciate details about the transistor circuit controlling the power relay

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]