Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Newly formed BBQ/Smoker supply company, Pellet Peddler LLC 

I am just reading your pellet cooking posts and laughing. I have access to different wood species in my wood pile so I do not see going to a pellet smoker for any reason soon when I have honey suckle, sugar maple, apple, pear, apricot, cherry, hickory, oak, sagebrush, alder, willow, walnut and juniper. I have a bunch of 50 year old props that even works to flavor the meat. At the cabin I use an old Brinkman and here one of the $100 Charbroils from Bimart that I set up for indirect heat. Just heating up the grill and burning off the previous charrings I have the neighbors drooling.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have an Oklahoma Joe's offset stick burner as well as a Pellet Smoker too hartcreek, but this thread really isn't about comparing your woodpile and Brinkman to pellets.
Want to spare some Wood?......and Sagebrush? Are you having an Indian smoke ceremony?
While i wish i had some quality Wood piled up for my Offset like you do, i don't so i use my Pellet Smoker and i love the convenience. (No babysitting) I Smoke more Meat because of that convenience and my Family Likes it.
Larry sells High quality Pellets at a good price. Lot's of Wood Species choices and blends too. I did reverse Seared Ribeye Steaks, Tri Tip and Chicken Boobies this weekend with his Pecan Pellets, it was a hit with the Family.
I used to be a diehard Wood burner too, but i don't mock Pellet Smokers fired with quality pellets anymore....and these are high quality pellets.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4