Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Custom Finishes for your Firearms 

Greetings, I am a local "veteran owned" small business (Real Estate Investments/Olympia). As a side gig, I offer custom coatings and finishes for your firearms. Be it a pistol (or part of), rifle (or part of), bow, knife, etc. I have been using Duracoat for over a year, and I’m getting some great results. I can do very simple projects like just the slide of your pistol or completely camo your rifle or shotgun and I even have some very special finishes. Colors are abundant and you can choose just a single color or trick out your AR with several different colors. It’s all up to you. This coating is also great for older weapons that might be showing signs of aging, wear, pitting, etc. as it can bring them back to a ‘like new’ look. My prices are way under market value because I see this as more of a hobby and service to my fellow 2nd amendment advocates. I’m also a first responder and want to support all other first responders and those that support their efforts. I’m semi-retired and take my time to ensure you get better than expected. Please share your thoughts and spread the word. Thanks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by jgperry1952 on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

welcomewgo

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:10 pm
Site Moderator / In Memoriam
Site Moderator / In Memoriam

:wagwoot:

Greetings and Welcome to WaGuns !!
Good luck on your business.

cootduster

I'm not old.

I'm just no longer young !!!

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the site Greg, l’ll post some pictures of the browning A5 you did for me soon. I’ve known Greg for a while, he does good work.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns Greg!! Are you an FFL/Gunsmith or is this a side-gig?

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

I am not a gun smith. This is a side business for me that I'm hoping will develop into something more full time. Thanks.

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:03 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Welcome.

Refinishing is gunsmithing according to the ATF, so if this a business, I hope you have all the proper licenses.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Welcome.

Refinishing is gunsmithing according to the ATF, so if this a business, I hope you have all the proper licenses.

I was not aware or I definitely would not have turned him onto this site to advertise. Are gun parts covered under this? The

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:55 pm

mcyclonegt wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Welcome.

I was not aware or I definitely would not have turned him onto this site to advertise. Are gun parts covered under this? The
Here’s something for commodious contemplation that may help answer.

https://www.atf.gov/file/11711/download

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Welcome.

Yep, the rule is this: If you engage in the business of repairing or refinishing firearms you need to acquire an FFL, hobbyists like myself who do not do it for a living, not for profit and not as a usual course of business are not required to get a license.
The term "engaged in the business" was used in the 1968 Gun Control Act in relation to gunsmithing, dealing, etc. Problem was that "engaged in the business" was never defined in statute until 1986. United States Code, Title 18, chapter 44. The definition of "engaged in the business" speaks to full time occupation, profit, and exempts occasional work. It would be very hard to make a profit doing work for others just every now and then, considering how much investment you will make in tools and whatever else. As long as you operate as a hobbyist and not as a business (such as maintaining business records and having set prices), it would be very hard to make a case that you were "engaged in the business".

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ahh. I see now. It’s definitely a side gig.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:13 am

Yes, definitely a side gig as I mentioned earlier. I read the attachment provided and it is clear that I am not a manufacturer and that I am not in the business of preparing or making any part for manufacturing of a firearm. Thanks for all the input. It is appreciated.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 am

You did a nice job in those pics!

Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]