Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Precision Machining 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I own a machine shop and have a knee mill, gap bed lathe, inspection equipment (down to 0.001" accuracy on parts up to 12") and a CNC mill. We can do one of a kind and prototype parts, repair work and production work. We do NOT have an FFL, so we can't work on things that have serial numbers but can machine and work on everything else under the sun (so long as it fits in the machine or on the table). If you need something machined, threaded, bored, etc., let me know. Thanks.

Life isn't about the money you make, the car you drive, the house you live in or being the CEO of a company. Life is about enjoying each day, experiencing everything the world has to offer you and when the day comes, standing at your makers door fully satisfied with what you did with the little bit of sand that was put in your hourglass.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The mad scientist wrote:
I own a machine shop and have a knee mill, gap bed lathe, inspection equipment (down to 0.001" accuracy on parts up to 12") and a CNC mill. We can do one of a kind and prototype parts, repair work and production work. We do NOT have an FFL, so we can't work on things that have serial numbers but can machine and work on everything else under the sun (so long as it fits in the machine or on the table). If you need something machined, threaded, bored, etc., let me know. Thanks.

Whats the shop name if you dont mind?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:13 am

I'm gonna be the one......

Finish an 80% lower ?

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

waglocker wrote:
I'm gonna be the one......

Finish an 80% lower ?

They can't. ATF put a stop to all that awesomeness.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:26 am
Profile WWW

Ok.

Sorry for the oversight. I'm definitely not trying to get anyone hemmed up.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:02 am

The shop name is MOC machining.

We don't do anything with 80% receivers or let anyone use our equipment. unfortunately it just boils down to the law and our desire to not get sued if someone looses a finger or limb.

Life isn't about the money you make, the car you drive, the house you live in or being the CEO of a company. Life is about enjoying each day, experiencing everything the world has to offer you and when the day comes, standing at your makers door fully satisfied with what you did with the little bit of sand that was put in your hourglass.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about baffles for Form 1 suppressors? Only as a "while we wait" item of course, as allowed under current restrictions.

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:01 pm

As far as my understanding of the NFA goes in regards to silencers is that all parts of a silencer are a "silencer" and you need to have an approved form 1 before you can do anything that relates to the manufacturing process. Also, the ruling ATF made back in January for 80% receivers also carries over to ALL firearm parts that are regulated (receivers, complete guns, NFA items, ect. At least that's my interpretation of it). We do NOT have a FFL or SOT, so we can't do any of that unfortunately.

As far as firearms stuff goes, we were not looking to get involved with any of that when I posted this. The intent was to make us a resource for people that needed a special part made or fixed and didn't have the means or desire to pay the industry standard of $120-150hr for short run/ one off/ repair machine work. We are a licensed extension of my motorcycle performance shop and regularly have jobs where we come into some free time (like when UPS runs 2-4 hours behind schedule some days) or work on the weekends and we use that time to make parts for customers that fall outside of the motorcycle business. We just wanted to give fellow shooters a resource for when they need something made that is outside the world of guns (frankly, there are some awesome gunsmiths on here who can take care of almost everyone's gun needs. Along with the fact that we have no desire to step on anyone's toes).

Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]