Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Run the Gun-Hosted by Adventure Protection, Ravensdale 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

mislabeled wrote:
Do you have any plans in the works to offer this class (or at least the pistol portion) again later this year?

Probably not this year, but definitely next year. The response has been great but it is really hard to find a break in our women-only training schedule that happens to mesh with Steve Shield’s training schedule!

If you’ll send me a pm with your email I’ll be happy to put you on the early notice list for the next one!

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's coming up soon. :wagwoot:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Hell yeah!

We still have a couple of spots open in rifle. Anyone else want to join us?

Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:48 pm
Profile WWW

Last call for Run the Gun carbine rifle course on July 28! Taught by former law enforcement, this course ratchets your skills up WAY past 11, so you can outperform in any self-defense situation and protect your loved ones.

Register here: https://adventureprotection.org/run-the-gun-class/

You’ve seen videos of police officers inserting the magazine backwards during a shootout. Or dropping magazines when they intended to load and shoot.

During a life or death self-defense crisis, you can’t afford to make mistakes.

Which is why you need to join us at the Run the Gun course on July 28.

This course is co-ed, and open to all. It takes competent shooters and skyrockets their abilities, giving them the confidence to run the gun in ANY situation, no matter how stressful. You’ll learn fast and efficient firearm manipulation techniques, rapid point shooting, flash sight pictures and more. You’ll drill until the firearm becomes second nature. And then you’ll do it again under stress.

I took this course and I was stunned at how much I learned. As an instructor I thought it would be remedial. I was so wrong. The class teaches fundamental skills that EVERYONE should have. And then accelerates those skills a hundredfold.

Steve Shields is by far the best instructor we’ve seen. He’s trained thousands of law enforcement officers and civilians over his 29 year career. He focuses on practical, save-your-life skills and techniques that just plain work.

Please join us on July 28 for an amazing class on carbine rifle: [url https://adventureprotection.org/run-the-gun-class/[/url]

Please note: if you’re new to or never fired a carbine rifle before, this class is not for you! We’ll introduce a rifle course next year to help get you up to speed for a later Run the Gun course.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rutilate...I have a question on the Carbine side. What distances are we shooting at? Red dot, or is something with some magnification useful.
I need to choose a Platform and get one zero'd for the course. It would be good to know what the details are to settle on the tool requirements and the Cerberus website didn't give that insight beyond an AR-15 Platform.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 am

Red dot is perfect. We’re shooting at <20 yards and compensating for 50 yard zero with a holdover.

Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:46 am
Profile WWW

Gents and Ladies,

We have one spot that just opened up in our Run the Gun Pistol and/or Rifle on July 27-28. Anyone interested in jumping in?

A participant is selling his spot.

Let us know ASAP so we can get you registered.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:26 am
Profile WWW

usrifle wrote:
Rutilate...I have a question on the Carbine side. What distances are we shooting at? Red dot, or is something with some magnification useful.
I need to choose a Platform and get one zero'd for the course. It would be good to know what the details are to settle on the tool requirements and the Cerberus website didn't give that insight beyond an AR-15 Platform.

Whatever you bring, we'll help you to be the most efficient with it. We will be establishing a zero based on what the shooter wants. I'll have some suggestions, but in the end, it's based on what you're doing with the rifle.

No need for any type of chest carrier, vests etc. This class is purely to get the shooter to be aware of what's going on around them, instead of concentrating on what's in their hands. By getting the shooter to understand the platform in a way that achieves that.

There won't be any movement, running around etc., purely focusing on the platform. Can use iron sights, red dot, or LPVO.

Hope that answers things for you...if not, keep asking away.

NRA Life Member

Last edited by Cerberus Group on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Steve, that was helpful. Madpick and i had a short discussion tonight about the course and we are in agreement backups for both Rifle and Pistol would be a good idea.
You never know when breakage or an issue will crop up and i wouldn't want to be sidelined by a Weapon failure during the course. Are there any other items you might suggest to bring?

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm

Stripper clips and loader, uplula

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:13 am
Profile WWW

5 days to show time!

Gear to bring, as can be seen on the website;

Pistol;

Holster – Belt Carry, Magazine Pouch, 4-6 Magazines (with 2 of these unloaded), Ammunition, Eyes, Ears, Hat.

Rifle;

Sling, 6-10 Magazines (with 2 of these unloaded), Ammunition, Eyes, Ears, Hat.

Then there's the usual schtuff to bring; Sunscreen, Rain Gear, Solid Footwear (no open toes), Note Taking Material, Cleaning Gear, Tools for your equipment, Dummy rounds for your caliber - gauge, Gloves, Folding chair, Fluids – Snacks - Lunch

NRA Life Member

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heading to Cascade shortly, it's going to be a good day. :wagwoot:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 am

usrifle wrote:
Heading to Cascade shortly, it's going to be a good day. :wagwoot:

Oh yeah! See you there, ya filthy animal!

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 am
Profile WWW

Just finished Steve’s two day pistol course up at his place. You guys that have yet to train with him will find his outside-the-box thinking refreshing. I know I’m a better shooter for my time spent with him. My schedule doesn’t always permit, but I look forward to the next opportunity.
Have fun, and stay safe!

"We do not fight to be free; we fight because we are free"
Avraham "Ya'ir" Stern

!אחרי

Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sabasarge wrote:
Just finished Steve’s two day pistol course up at his place. You guys that have yet to train with him will find his outside-the-box thinking refreshing...

Share an example or two? Thanks in advance.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next