Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 OFFICIAL WaGuns 2020 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 

TWO Questions.. Are you coming? And how many?
YES! Just me 36%  36%  [ 18 ]
YES! +1 38%  38%  [ 19 ]
YES! +2 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
YES! +3 10%  10%  [ 5 ]
YES! +4 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
YES! +5 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 50

OFFICIAL WaGuns 2020 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chip wrote:
Kids grow so fast....
Last time we had the guns out, my youngest couldn't even come close to wrapping his hands around my G21, and would never have considered shooting it. Thanks to the confidence gained during the day today, he stepped up and asked to try it, and gave me the biggest surprise of the day. Um yeah, now he wants a dueling tree.
Whoever brought the tree, THANK YOU!

Chip, your son wasn’t kidding when he told us that he spun two paddles with one shot!! The video doesn’t lie!

I’m still not sure how. Maybe the rod down the back of the target turned also?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
zombie66 wrote:
......Here what really made my day, their was a young girl who was watching shoot my NAA Mini Revolvers and when I was done her mom was asking me what they were and I asked her daughter if she would like to shoot it......I think we all know what she said anyways we walked up to the firing line and I was explaining how to use it and after she fired that first round she had the biggest Texas smile on her face, so a few minutes later her little brother wanted to fire it and same as before and even bigger smile. I would really like to also add those 2 little ones had better firearms discipline than I have seen in adults over the years, this may sound really strange but seeing that really gives me hope that our society is NOT doomed.... To the parents of those young ones, THANK YOU!!!!

Hey, that was me, my wife Tiffany, and Rebekah and Matthew! I want to thank you VERY much for being so generous with your time and hardware with my family. Your words are too kind, and I can't think of a higher compliment a parent could hope to hear about their kids. Besides being the most fun shooting day they have ever had, it was a huge confidence booster for them as well, thanks in no small part to gentlemen like you and Curtis / Rutilate spending time with them. I am not kidding when I tell you that Rebekah said of everything she shot today, the mini revolver was her favorite! Who'd have thought? My apologies for not introducing myself at the time. Someone came and found me to offer the chance to shoot a rifle, and I took off....
And here's that "Texas smile" you mentioned!

Haaa haaa haaa awesome

It was my pleasure

Guess who is buying a Mini?

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Chip, your son wasn’t kidding when he told us that he spun two paddles with one shot!! The video doesn’t lie!

Yeah, been trying to figure that out too. He wouldn't make something like that up, but if some other 10 yr old told ME that story I'd doubt it too, thinking maybe someone else shot at the same time or something. But he gets to claim it!

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd like to thank Gogoactionmike for bringing all of his steel silhouette targets, and spreading them out across the range so that people could shoot at them. That was very cool of you!

:bow:

Hopefully the stands didn't take TOO much of a beating . . . ?

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:49 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

MadPick wrote:
I'd like to thank Gogoactionmike for bringing all of his steel silhouette targets, and spreading them out across the range so that people could shoot at them. That was very cool of you!

Oh YES! Good call! That made things a LOT more fun!

Speaking of which, who brought the white IPSC popper on the pistol range?

Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks also to the guys who brought the dueling true and the plate rack on the right side of the pistol range, and then let others shoot them!

It's nice to be able to limit "cold range time," and keep the guns going. Steel targets are not only fun, but they allow us to do that, so everyone can get more shooting time.

Thanks to everyone who brought them!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Quote:
Thanks also to the guys who brought the dueling true and the plate rack on the right side of the pistol range, and then let others shoot them!

It's nice to be able to limit "cold range time," and keep the guns going. Steel targets are not only fun, but they allow us to do that, so everyone can get more shooting time.

Hey Everyone, Thank you for one of the most fantastic days of shooting I can remember! Ben (bcdweber22) and I brought the steel to the pistol range. I had the dueling tree and he brought the plate rack. It was awesome not having to reset targets. Ben also brought the long range steel on a swivel out at 100 yards with a small blue "flipper" and gong. The flipper took heavy abuse as it was a popular target and it appears the weld broke. WOW!

Special thanks to Jay for the deal on the 9mm rounds, they went quickly. My son Colton really enjoyed meeting everyone, sharing his Mosin and my SCAR17 for others to shoot. I also really enjoyed shooting the M203 launcher, huge thanks for sharing your weapon system.

The food and raffle prizes were out of this world! I have been a member for many years, and frequent the classifieds the most, but was blown away by the generosity, wealth of knowledge and kindness of all in attendance. This forum and events like this are what make America great. This was my first New Year's Day shoot and I am looking forward to 2021 with anticipation.

Thank you, Tim

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:35 pm

Chip wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Yeah, been trying to figure that out too. He wouldn't make something like that up, but if some other 10 yr old told ME that story I'd doubt it too, thinking maybe someone else shot at the same time or something. But he gets to claim it!

Sometimes when a large caliber round like a .45ACP hits the plate just right the impact and maybe vibration also brings the plate above with it. Call it a tactical advantage when dueling with a .45ACP on that tree. :bigsmile: I've seen it quite frequently when running the plates with my AR45 chambered in .45ACP. So, your son wasn't fibbing as the video clearly indicated.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:39 pm

do we need to take up a collection to replace that flipper?or any other damaged steel?

Toxxic wrote:
Quote:

Hey Everyone, Thank you for one of the most fantastic days of shooting I can remember! Ben (bcdweber22) and I brought the steel to the pistol range. I had the dueling tree and he brought the plate rack. It was awesome not having to reset targets. Ben also brought the long range steel on a swivel out at 100 yards with a small blue "flipper" and gong. The flipper took heavy abuse as it was a popular target and it appears the weld broke. WOW!

Special thanks to Jay for the deal on the 9mm rounds, they went quickly. My son Colton really enjoyed meeting everyone, sharing his Mosin and my SCAR17 for others to shoot. I also really enjoyed shooting the M203 launcher, huge thanks for sharing your weapon system.

The food and raffle prizes were out of this world! I have been a member for many years, and frequent the classifieds the most, but was blown away by the generosity, wealth of knowledge and kindness of all in attendance. This forum and events like this are what make America great. This was my first New Year's Day shoot and I am looking forward to 2021 with anticipation.

Thank you, Tim

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah! Thank you, Tim and Ben!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:30 pm

Great event thanks to everyone for putting it on. The flip target was a small price to pay for an awesome day. Luckily I know a few welders and it will be back up this week. Looking forward to next year.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ll post a picture of my target tomorrow. It was 1/2” mild steel and I was surprised that only four holes were made in the two plates.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only picture I got was this one of my wife among the clutter Image

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:27 pm

MadPick wrote:

It was my pleasure to do so. The center closest one lost a leg when the bolt head got shot off. Easy fix. The hole in one of the two steel "poppers" on the ground is just downright awesome. The silhouettes and the plate rack in the pistol Bay (mine had the three varying sized plates) held up great. Good steel targets are a great investment. I'm glad we got to shoot the crap out of them.

Thanks to everyone whom made this event happen. It was a great time.

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:44 pm

lunacite wrote:
Only picture I got was this one of my wife among the clutter Image

That’s awesome! Welcome her for us! We’re rather partial to having more women in the sport!

Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next