Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 OFFICIAL WaGuns 2022 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 

TWO Questions.. Are you coming? And how many?
YES! Just me 41%  41%  [ 25 ]
YES! +1 36%  36%  [ 22 ]
YES! +2 11%  11%  [ 7 ]
YES! +3 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
YES! +4 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
YES! +5 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 61

OFFICIAL WaGuns 2022 New Years Day Shoot at ESC 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep a 1941 Springfield Garand shooting old reliable 30-06 did the job. Hitting a bottle sized target with iron sights at 100 yards was as much luck as skill. Excellent fun day. Roll on 2023. Thank you for all for setting this up.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m so glad that the precipitation held off and it was at least tolerable for a while.
Was good to briefly see the overlords, thanks for all you guys do for us year in year out.
Was good to be around friends I haven’t seen for a while.

:wagwoot: :wagwoot: :wagwoot:

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:55 pm

A big thank you to everyone that let us try their guns out. It was a great event and we really appreciated it! For everyone that missed it, check it out next year! This event is a must every year!

Pictured: some of the guns we tried out! Thank you again everyone!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is the third New Years Day Shoot I attended with my grandson. Missed last year because of the cancelation due to the limitations forced upon up by the powers to be.

My grandson Mason had a wonderful time as well as myself.
Thank everyone for attending, with out each & every one of you it wouldn't of been a success.

I'd like to get more involved with the set up and coordinating this event next year. Actually later this year.
Pat - Dove Release & Mason

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:06 pm

A huge thank you to the organizers and sponsors for the event and people for the raffle/donations and food!! :thumbsup2:
As a new member, and my first event, I had had a great time and meeting some of the members as well, and thank everyone for being so friendly and welcoming~!
Happy New Year!

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:20 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Massivedesign wrote:
Photos.

First one there, snow was deep.

Setup

Safety briefing

Food and fun

Taco Soup. It’s all about the taco soup.

Toys in the toybox had a new haircut.

You were first one there and no one had been there all week? How many tries does it take to park a Tesla?

Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:50 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Huge thank you to Massivedesign and Madpick for organizing the group shoot! You guys put in a lot of time and effort to make this event happen and don't really get to do much shooting yourselves. We appreciate you guys!

Big shout out to Cdoniguan! Chris is head RSO at this event and spends the whole day making sure the group is safe, helping with weapons malfunctions, and cleaning up after shooters. He hardly had 30 minutes to enjoy shooting his own gear. Thank you for all you do!

Thank you to all the WaGunners who came out to the shoot yesterday bringing food, tables, equipment and guns to share!

Yesterday was a fantastic shoot! Some really cool guns to enjoy including WW1 and WWII relics, SMG's and PCC's of all varieties suppressed and unsuppressed, some interesting rapid fire triggers, a 50bmg rifle, a couple benches full of class 3 rifles that showed up later in the afternoon, and a whole lot more! Lots of smiles from all the shooters, great food, great conversations, just a really great time!

Thank you all for making the 2021/2022 New Years Shoot so fun and memorable!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn, I want an FNC now

Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was a good time. Now I understand why everyone talks about the taco soup! It was my first WaGuns event and will for sure not miss next year. My son did the shooting for the day. Buckmark, M&P 15-22, and his Rascal. I was so busy loading magazines I never pulled a trigger on anything! I wanted to make sure others had the chance to get a lane as well.

He was most impressed with the gold desert eagle (he's 9 so it caught his eye)
I tried paying attention during the quiet session to see who's was the quietest. I'm intrigued but I've got other things on the list.

Thanks to the organizers and those who donated time and/or goods to make it happen.

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:03 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rottenryan wrote:
and his Rascal.

Was that the rifle that had the fancy something-or-other on the muzzle end? That caught MY eye!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Rottenryan wrote:
and his Rascal.

Was that the rifle that had the fancy something-or-other on the muzzle end? That caught MY eye!

Yes, it was.
So a couple years ago there was a 4H shooting group started by another member here. Had to be 8 before he could join. We started with a threaded barrel version of a rascal and added some expensive ass sights. Spent more $ on the sights then the rifle! I machined the "bloop tube" you were eyeing. It extends the sight radius. Dunno if it makes a difference with his skill level but it looks the part anyways

But COVID hit and the group disbanded. He's too young for the junior league (gotta be 12) so we just practice when we can. Wish there was a shooting group for him. He did show some interest in the cowboy shooting. Might have to take him to an event so we can check it out.

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:40 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan, Evergreen has cowboy at least once a month. Great group of guys. Also, we (Evergreen Board) are looking for ways to support youth shooters. I’ll keep you in mind as we start to explore options!

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Rottenryan wrote:
That was a good time. Now I understand why everyone talks about the taco soup! It was my first WaGuns event and will for sure not miss next year. My son did the shooting for the day. Buckmark, M&P 15-22, and his Rascal. I was so busy loading magazines I never pulled a trigger on anything! I wanted to make sure others had the chance to get a lane as well.

He was most impressed with the gold desert eagle (he's 9 so it caught his eye)
I tried paying attention during the quiet session to see who's was the quietest. I'm intrigued but I've got other things on the list.

Thanks to the organizers and those who donated time and/or goods to make it happen.

Don't ever feel bad asking for things to shoot next year. It's part of what makes this site great. I think I've let more people shoot more of my ammo than I do myself during these things. My Desert Eagle is compensated so should be easier to control than the non-comped ones. I'll bring it next year for him. We will start with 1 round and if it hits the ground, oh well. It's not gold but chrome or nickel...I really don't remember.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rottenryan wrote:
So a couple years ago there was a 4H shooting group started by another member here.

Ah yes, I remember . . . was that Chip?

Rottenryan wrote:
I machined the "bloop tube" you were eyeing. It extends the sight radius. Dunno if it makes a difference with his skill level but it looks the part anyways

It sure does. I was checking that thing out every time I walked by! :bow:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When does the video come out?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next