One of the most common problems that people have on WaGuns (or any forum!) is posting photos. Good photos can make a big difference when you're selling an item, showing off your new toy, or telling us what you did last weekend . . . and fortunately, it's easy to post them!
There are many ways to post pics, but here is one easy method:If you are using the full version of the WaGuns website from your computer:
1) Go to https://postimage.io
2) Set the image size drop-down box to "800x600."
3) Leave the expiration drop-down box on "No expiration."
4) Click "Choose Images," find your photo on the computer, then click "Open" or "Choose." You must do one photo at a time.
5) Give the photo a moment to upload . . . relax.
6) Highlight and copy (Ctrl-C for Windows, Command-C for Mac, or Edit-Copy in the menu) the "Direct link
" code in the second box.
7) In your WaGuns post, paste the code (Ctrl-V for Windows, Command-V for Mac, or Edit-Paste in the menu).
8) Highlight the code that you just pasted, then click the "Img" box on WaGuns that is up above the text box in which you are typing.
9) If you have more photos to upload, click "Upload Another Image." A new browser tab will open, and you can repeat steps 2) through 8).
10) Click Submit, you're good to go. If you are using the mobile version of the WaGuns website from your phone or tablet's web browser:My preferred method:
Email the photo to yourself, then open it on the computer and follow the instructions above!
1) Download the free Imgur app called "imgapp", if you don't already have it.
2) Open imgapp. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
3) Scroll down and tap "Upload, Anonymous."
4) Tap "Choose image."
5) Locate or take your photo.
6) Tap "Upload."
7) The URL of your photo will be shown on the screen. "Select all" and COPY that URL.
8) Exit imgapp and go back to WaGuns in your web browser.
9) In your WaGuns post, type the following:
[img]<paste the photo URL here>.jpg[/img]
It will look like this example:
Make sure you type the ".jpg" after the photo URL, as well as typing the [img] tags!
(See why it's easier to just email it to yourself and do it on the computer?)If you are using the Tapatalk app on your phone or tablet::
1) While typing your WaGuns post, click the "camera" button to take a new photo or the "photo" button (little picture of the mountain) to use an existing photo.
2) Take or locate your photo.
3) Choose "Medium 480x640."
BAM, you're done.
There are numerous other ways to post photos, and some of those ways are better if you want to be able to catalog your photos, access them later, etc. The methods above are not necessarily the BEST, but I think they are the EASIEST if you're just learning.
If anyone has suggestions for improvements to this post, please let me know.
If you have read the above and are still having trouble, send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.