Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:07 pm


Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar




Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 BOLO - Kent starts enforcing $136 red light cam violations 
Author Message
User avatar

Location: On your six
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018
Posts: 404
https://q13fox.com/2019/08/12/kent-star ... iolations/

KENT, Wash. – Starting this week, the city of Kent will begin enforcement on red light camera violations.
The city installed three red light cameras at the intersections of Central and Smith, Central and James, and Kent Des Moines Road and Pacific Highway.
The city says the purpose of installing the cameras is to keep roadways and streets safer.
A fine for running a red light will cost $136.
City officials say that money will go toward paying for body cams for police.
Each violation will be reviewed by an officer to determine of a citation is warranted.
The city plans to add three more cameras at a later date.
Those cameras locations would be at 256th and 104th, East Valley Highway and 212th, and 240th and 104th.
City officials say the six locations for these cameras was determined based on crash data from the last five years.

_________________
There are seven days in a week.
Someday isn't one of them.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 am
Profile
Online
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Auburn, WA
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011
Posts: 12372
Real Name: Rick
surevaliance wrote:
City officials say the six locations for these cameras was determined based on crash data from the last five years greed.

fixd

_________________
Beyond pissed :angryfire:

I do have good days but Washington State is becoming a shithole faster than I can loose money at a casino.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2994
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: On your six
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018
Posts: 404
Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.

_________________
There are seven days in a week.
Someday isn't one of them.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Midwest
Joined: Thu Oct 2, 2014
Posts: 8453
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.


in the past, you could appeal by mail.

_________________
Massivedesign wrote:
I am thinking of a number somewhere between none of and your business.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Tacoma
Joined: Sat May 4, 2013
Posts: 2994
joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.


in the past, you could appeal by mail.

You can do the whole thing by mail. Cities around here subcontract the process to out of state companies, typically in AZ. It is just a revenue stream for local cities


Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: On your six
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018
Posts: 404
Arisaka wrote:
joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.


in the past, you could appeal by mail.

You can do the whole thing by mail. Cities around here subcontract the process to out of state companies, typically in AZ. It is just a revenue stream for local cities


Good to know, thank you!

_________________
There are seven days in a week.
Someday isn't one of them.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Downtown Newcastle
Joined: Sat Mar 5, 2016
Posts: 1390
Real Name: Traut
This article about sums up red light cameras. Also applies to camera speed traps too as far as I' m concerned. However, having said that, don't run the light, don't have a problem.

https://mynorthwest.com/1478533/dori-ke ... t-cameras/

_________________
I always thought growing old would take a lot longer.....

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Location: On your six
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2018
Posts: 404
Traut wrote:
This article about sums up red light cameras. Also applies to camera speed traps too as far as I' m concerned. However, having said that, don't run the light, don't have a problem.
https://mynorthwest.com/1478533/dori-ke ... t-cameras/

I wish it was that easy. We live in overpopulated area, where the roads initially were not designed for such heavy traffic, so people have to drive fucking commifornia style. And as usually, gov crooks take an advantage of the situation to fill their pockets.

_________________
There are seven days in a week.
Someday isn't one of them.


Last edited by surevaliance on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Sea-Tuk
Joined: Wed Oct 5, 2011
Posts: 2775
joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.


in the past, you could appeal by mail.


Some municipalities try some quick shit and have a field where you are supposed to write the name of who was driving. Not sure what happens when you mark that you were not driving and leave that blank.

Got a school zone ticket in Seattle. The owner of the car got a ticket - wasn’t my car. So the owner marked that it was not them and ticket dropped.

_________________
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Bonney Lake
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015
Posts: 165
Real Name: Jarrod
In pierce county they have that place to write in the name of who was driving, if you, the owner claim you were not. I’ve literally written in my wife’s name (felt bad doing it because she was in labor sitting shotgun at the time of the ticket) under that same assumption that you have to name some other driver if the cars not reported stolen, ticket dropped!


Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Mukilteoish
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011
Posts: 8588
UpDog wrote:

Some municipalities try some quick shit and have a field where you are supposed to write the name of who was driving. Not sure what happens when you mark that you were not driving and leave that blank.



Some municipalities have a box that says you must name the driver if it wasn't you.
And say they won't accept any forms unless they are fully completed.

However there is nothing requiring you to use their form.
You can just type up your own letter saying you were not in physical control of the vehicle at the time.

Some cities have stopped using red light cams.
They generally have to pay the contractor 50% of the face amount of every traffic cam ticket written, regardless if it is dismissed.
If you beat it, the city is out money.

Mukilteo tried that and it was hugely unpopular.

Max fine was $20 and the city can't find anyone to install the cameras for $10 a ticket.
Thanks Tim!
(People in Mukilteo are among the most courteous drivers I have ever seen).
https://ballotpedia.org/Mukilteo_City_R ... ember_2010)

_________________
NRA Life Member


Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm
Profile
Site Moderator
User avatar
Site Moderator

Location: Renton/Kent
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012
Posts: 2332
Real Name: Jacy
I don't have any links, but I've read in the past that cameras in the long-run don't help because 1) they end up with huge increases in rear-ending accidents when people slam on their brakes to avoid the ticket and 2) people pretty quickly stop running the light and then the city pays more to the contractor than it takes in.
Although, some of the lights along my commute are horrible as far as red-light runners and any little thing would sure help.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm
Profile
Site Supporter
User avatar
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016
Posts: 654
Real Name: Eric
Traffic Lights are the worst option for controlling traffic and generating revenue from them is not going to make problems better.

Imagine if a plumber told you that each of the 5 taps on your property can only operate at specific minutes of the hour. And that if you get it wrong, someone in your house will die. I dare say you'd want different plumbing.


Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum



Rent Me Pintos NRA SAF CCKRBA
Aldersons e-arms.com


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.
[ Time : 0.603s | 17 Queries | GZIP : On ]