Rules Brads Guns Rainier Arms McCallen Killer Innovations Fessleman Firearms
WGO Chat Room Rehv Arms Vantage Reloading
Gear Fortis WCA 2A Ind. Pintos WAC
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Snohomish, WA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And the saga continues: http://www.heraldnet.com/news/pair-now-face-federal-charges-in-pot-shop-heist/

Quote:
"Johnson and Woodberry now are both charged in U.S. District Court in Seattle with robbery and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. That’s for the pot products authorities say were taken at gunpoint.

They also are charged with a variety of federal weapons violations.

Johnson is accused of menacing the workers with what they described as a “machine gun.” It was actually an MGI Marck-15 semiautomatic rifle, a weapon based on the AR-15 design. In this case, it could only be possessed with special federal permission because it had been outfitted with a short barrel, court papers say. The rifle earlier had been reported stolen from a Snohomish home."

Got a letter from the BATFE which requires me to file a claim to get the MARCK15 back. Had to send off notarized paperwork and $250 Cashier's Check for a bond. What a PITA.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
And the saga continues: http://www.heraldnet.com/news/pair-now-face-federal-charges-in-pot-shop-heist/

Quote:
"Johnson and Woodberry now are both charged in U.S. District Court in Seattle with robbery and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. That’s for the pot products authorities say were taken at gunpoint.

They also are charged with a variety of federal weapons violations.

Johnson is accused of menacing the workers with what they described as a “machine gun.” It was actually an MGI Marck-15 semiautomatic rifle, a weapon based on the AR-15 design. In this case, it could only be possessed with special federal permission because it had been outfitted with a short barrel, court papers say. The rifle earlier had been reported stolen from a Snohomish home."

Got a letter from the BATFE which requires me to file a claim to get the MARCK15 back. Had to send off notarized paperwork and $250 Cashier's Check for a bond. What a PITA.

What the? Do you get the 250 back? Why do you need bond?

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tannardog wrote:

When my bow was recovered I just met with the detective and signed paperwork that I received it. The Form1 SBR is a federal issue and this is how they want to handle it.

Quote:
To File a Claim: You may contest the forfeiture of the property listed below in U.S. District Court by filing a claim not later than
20 days after the date of final publication of this notice of seizure, unless you received a written notice via personal letter in
which case the deadline set forth in the letter shall apply. A claim must (1) be in writing, (2) describe the seized property, (3)
state your ownership or other interest in the property, and (4) be made under oath, subject to penalty of perjury. See 18
U.S.C. Section 983(a)(2)(C) and 28 U.S.C. Section 1746. The claim of ownership must be accompanied by a claim bond in the
amount of $5,000 or ten percent(10%) of the value of the claimed property, whichever is lower, but not less than $250
. A claim
need not be made in any particular form, but a claim form is available on this website (http://www.forfeiture.gov). See 18 U.S.C.
Section 983(a)(2)(D). Claims must be sent to the ATF pursuant to the instructions shown in this notice.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
tannardog wrote:

When my bow was recovered I just met with the detective and signed paperwork that I received it. The Form1 SBR is a federal issue and this is how they want to handle it.

Quote:
To File a Claim: You may contest the forfeiture of the property listed below in U.S. District Court by filing a claim not later than
20 days after the date of final publication of this notice of seizure, unless you received a written notice via personal letter in
which case the deadline set forth in the letter shall apply. A claim must (1) be in writing, (2) describe the seized property, (3)
state your ownership or other interest in the property, and (4) be made under oath, subject to penalty of perjury. See 18
U.S.C. Section 983(a)(2)(C) and 28 U.S.C. Section 1746. The claim of ownership must be accompanied by a claim bond in the
amount of $5,000 or ten percent(10%) of the value of the claimed property, whichever is lower, but not less than $250
. A claim
need not be made in any particular form, but a claim form is available on this website (http://www.forfeiture.gov). See 18 U.S.C.
Section 983(a)(2)(D). Claims must be sent to the ATF pursuant to the instructions shown in this notice.

Wow. Theft twice in my opinion. This just sucks.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a response letter from the BATFE stating they have validated my claim and will release my property at the conclusion of the criminal proceedings. They have also returned my $250 Cashiers Check. I believe the court case is sometime in April.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news. Here's to a speedy conviction and return of your property!

Last edited by Pablo on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Pablo! Will have to look at the court date and see if I can sit in the courtroom during the proceedings.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:02 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent news!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good news for sure.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bad News. Trial delayed until 10/29/2018: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 1.31.0.pdf

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BlDtyLry wrote:
Bad News. Trial delayed until 10/29/2018: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 1.31.0.pdf

That sucks...They know it's yours, they have pics or whatever they need, they should give you your Rifle back! :frust:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well it has been a little over two years and I just got the call from the ATF and they are finalizing the paperwork to return my SBR. The two who used it to rob the Marijuana store are now convicted and doing time.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/armed-robber-sentenced-11-years-prison-mountlake-terrace-cannabis-store-robbery

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/man-gets-11-years-in-prison-for-2017-marijuana-store-robbery/

Last edited by BlDtyLry on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That soon?

:facepalm2:

Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8