Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 BOLO - Kent starts enforcing $136 red light cam violations 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://q13fox.com/2019/08/12/kent-star ... iolations/

KENT, Wash. – Starting this week, the city of Kent will begin enforcement on red light camera violations.
The city installed three red light cameras at the intersections of Central and Smith, Central and James, and Kent Des Moines Road and Pacific Highway.
The city says the purpose of installing the cameras is to keep roadways and streets safer.
A fine for running a red light will cost $136.
City officials say that money will go toward paying for body cams for police.
Each violation will be reviewed by an officer to determine of a citation is warranted.
The city plans to add three more cameras at a later date.
Those cameras locations would be at 256th and 104th, East Valley Highway and 212th, and 240th and 104th.
City officials say the six locations for these cameras was determined based on crash data from the last five years.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
City officials say the six locations for these cameras was determined based on crash data from the last five years greed.

fixd

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
It is very easy to get a red light camera ticket thrown out. By law, the camera cannot photograph your face. So, theoretically, if you get a ticket in the mail, you could simply claim that although you own the car, you were not driving it at the time of the infraction. Since that cannot be disproven, you go scot free. Every time.

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.
Those mfckrs know how to calculate.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Even so, I will need to take a day off work to go to the court, and then I would lose more than $136.

in the past, you could appeal by mail.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

You can do the whole thing by mail. Cities around here subcontract the process to out of state companies, typically in AZ. It is just a revenue stream for local cities

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

You can do the whole thing by mail. Cities around here subcontract the process to out of state companies, typically in AZ. It is just a revenue stream for local cities

Good to know, thank you!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This article about sums up red light cameras. Also applies to camera speed traps too as far as I' m concerned. However, having said that, don't run the light, don't have a problem.

https://mynorthwest.com/1478533/dori-ke ... t-cameras/

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traut wrote:
This article about sums up red light cameras. Also applies to camera speed traps too as far as I' m concerned. However, having said that, don't run the light, don't have a problem.
https://mynorthwest.com/1478533/dori-ke ... t-cameras/

I wish it was that easy. We live in overpopulated area, where the roads initially were not designed for such heavy traffic, so people have to drive fucking commifornia style. And as usually, gov crooks take an advantage of the situation to fill their pockets.

Last edited by surevaliance on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

joao01 wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Arisaka wrote:

Some municipalities try some quick shit and have a field where you are supposed to write the name of who was driving. Not sure what happens when you mark that you were not driving and leave that blank.

Got a school zone ticket in Seattle. The owner of the car got a ticket - wasn’t my car. So the owner marked that it was not them and ticket dropped.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In pierce county they have that place to write in the name of who was driving, if you, the owner claim you were not. I’ve literally written in my wife’s name (felt bad doing it because she was in labor sitting shotgun at the time of the ticket) under that same assumption that you have to name some other driver if the cars not reported stolen, ticket dropped!

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:41 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

UpDog wrote:

Some municipalities try some quick shit and have a field where you are supposed to write the name of who was driving. Not sure what happens when you mark that you were not driving and leave that blank.

Some municipalities have a box that says you must name the driver if it wasn't you.
And say they won't accept any forms unless they are fully completed.

However there is nothing requiring you to use their form.
You can just type up your own letter saying you were not in physical control of the vehicle at the time.

Some cities have stopped using red light cams.
They generally have to pay the contractor 50% of the face amount of every traffic cam ticket written, regardless if it is dismissed.
If you beat it, the city is out money.

Mukilteo tried that and it was hugely unpopular.

Max fine was $20 and the city can't find anyone to install the cameras for $10 a ticket.
Thanks Tim!
(People in Mukilteo are among the most courteous drivers I have ever seen).
https://ballotpedia.org/Mukilteo_City_R ... ember_2010)

Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:42 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I don't have any links, but I've read in the past that cameras in the long-run don't help because 1) they end up with huge increases in rear-ending accidents when people slam on their brakes to avoid the ticket and 2) people pretty quickly stop running the light and then the city pays more to the contractor than it takes in.
Although, some of the lights along my commute are horrible as far as red-light runners and any little thing would sure help.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Traffic Lights are the worst option for controlling traffic and generating revenue from them is not going to make problems better.

Imagine if a plumber told you that each of the 5 taps on your property can only operate at specific minutes of the hour. And that if you get it wrong, someone in your house will die. I dare say you'd want different plumbing.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

so....
i got a notice in the mail yesterday: you've been a bad boy and ran a red light at Pearl and 26th in Tacoma! pay $124, now!
went and filled out the eHearing thing online with an explanation: It wasn't me, i swear!
got an email notice this morning: case dismissed

:thumbsup2:

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next