Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Honor Defense - Failed Drop Tests! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A lawsuit is now happening:
https://www.thetrace.org/2019/07/honor- ... e-lawsuit/
Quote:
In 2017, Honor Defense was called out by the gun community for making weapons that can fire when dropped. Now a police officer is suing the company after he was shot by his.

Even juicier than that story above, is a sub story nested within. One of the people testing the pistol was basically silenced by The Firearms Blog:
Quote:
Huang’s lawsuit is not the first time Honor Defense has found itself accused of making unsafe weapons. In 2017, the company came under scrutiny in the gun community after Patrick Roberts, the founder of The Firearm Rack, published a YouTube video demonstrating how the Honor Guard pistol could fire if dropped or tapped by a rubber mallet.

In his video, Roberts said that he alerted Honor Defense to his concerns with their products months earlier, but was told by the editor of The Firearms Blog, his-then-employer, to stay silent on the matter. Roberts struck out on his own to tell his story. “For them to continue selling them, and pretending like there is nothing wrong is irresponsible,” Roberts said. “I certainly hope [Honor Defense] stand up and do the right thing.”

Robert's Video is here:
https://youtu.be/dvuv09VgALs

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:48 pm
Profile WWW

Funny I found this MUCH juicier. That SIG sold 500,000 pistols knowing they had a flaw while Honor Defense manufactured only 9,000 pistols in 2016-2017. 9,000 is paltry compared to 500,000 in circulation.

In 2017 Sig Sauer announced a “voluntary upgrade” for its P320, a pistol that shares the Honor Guard’s chassis-based design. The P320, as it happened, also shared a similar issue of firing when dropped. Sig allegedly knew about the problem before selling 500,000 of the faulty pistols to the public. Again it was gun YouTubers who brought the issue to light. Three police officers later sued the company after being accidentally shot by the weapons.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]