Switch to full style
This will be strictly for AMBER ALERTS, Ammo/Firearm recalls, PSA's. Things that the Community needs to know, NOW!
Post a reply

BOLO Venmo Using Thief

Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:25 pm

On Armslist I bought a Law Tactical and SB Tactical PDW brace from a guy listing himself as from Sammamish. I lived too far south for a meet so we agreed on a price. He wouldn't do Paypal so we agreed on Venmo. He said he would ship the same day after payment. Yeah, I should've known. It's not like I was getting the two items for $50 or something. I still paid a fair price for these used items (a few hundred bucks). Anyway, yeah, he ghosted me afterwards. Then I noticed in Venmo he was selling the same used items he sold to me to others, taking their money as well.

The name he used on Armslist is John Limbardi. His Venmo is @limbardi85 and his email is johnlimbardi33@gmail.com. I've continue to flag his Law Tactical folder adapter and SB Tactical PDW brace every time he posts the ads to get more victims, but at some point, he may move over to WAGuns, if he hasn't already done so.

Stay vigilant everyone, for I certainly wasn't. I was able to get my credit card to return my money, so that part is good. Thanks!

Re: BOLO Venmo Using Thief

Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Maybe we should setup a meet with him? Though i doubt he would it would be worth trying.

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Sorry to hear that . . . I'd be pissed.

FWIW, we don't have anyone on WaGuns with that email address.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:40 am

I'd file a police report. He's committing various types of fraud; computer fraud, wire fraud, etc.

They can track him down via his ISP or other tools, or even set up a fake buy and sting his rear.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:24 am

You should be able to trace his ISP yourself. Some of us all ready have tar and feathers sitting around at the ready or would you prefer to tie him to a tree covered in bacoln?

Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:42 pm

you couldn't do a 45 min trip or meet half way?

well sorry your going thru this

Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Fake name using a disposable email addy and a fake (TOR) IP.
In person meet would be the best bet, but to get LE involved in that would be a long shot.

Telling the EPA he was selling a container of smuggled Chinese Freon online may get some traction.
Post a reply