Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Burglary in Rainier, Wa. 100,000 rounds gone 

Well, I appreciate all the interest. The trailer is a tiny A frame camper. It couldn't carry more than a few suitcases. No cameras, as I don't even live there yet. No repairmen, as I DIY everything. One vehicle has been ID'ed on video with the trailer in Rainier. Watching everywhere for a silver or metallic blue Kia Sorrento with a sticker in the lower left rear window. I know they now know I'm a gun guy, but my guns are elsewhere. There are a couple open sheds and and abandoned doublewide on the property, besides the garage. They trashed the mobile as well. It's most likely someone nearby who has been watching me come and go.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they ever catch the MFrs they ought to lop off at least one hand each!!!
Sorry that you were targeted by the local meth heads.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by Caveman Jim on Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Damn brother, I am sorry to hear this happened. This is terrible.

You are a great guy, people like you don't deserve things like this. We have had some great times, over the years, and you're one of the kindest people I've ever known.

We will be on the lookout. I'll be watching for that Kia. I guess scouring craigslist, and any other venue for selling would be in order. Pawn shops too, obviously.

Please keep us updated, or if there's any other descriptions/info.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

That's terrible! When I move gun safes, ammo, or anything that looks like a quick buck to steal, I put the moving truck as close to the garage as possible and cover valuables with blankets so nobody sees what I have. With a blanket over it, a gun safe could look like a refrigerator. This was definitely a targeted burglary. Someone either knew what you had beforehand or saw you putting it in the garage.

Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
That's terrible! When I move gun safes, ammo, or anything that looks like a quick buck to steal, I put the moving truck as close to the garage as possible and cover valuables with blankets so nobody sees what I have. With a blanket over it, a gun safe could look like a refrigerator. This was definitely a targeted burglary. Someone either knew what you had beforehand or saw you putting it in the garage.

I have the refrigerator box from our last one and have stashed it for the next move.
Definitely a lookyLou saw you unloading stuff.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:16 am

I'm sure they saw us unloading. Truck was backed into the garage door, so no eyes saw what was there. The ammo was covered with tarps after stacking it. Fucktards even took all my tarps. I am slowly remembering more of my stuff. Cases of Federal Tactical Buck 12G, cases of Wolf 12G slugs, a case or two of another brand of 12G slugs had yellow on them, all I remember of it. Several hundred rds of milsurp 762x25 as well.

Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.armslist.com/posts/13702162/tacoma-washington-ammo-for-sale--pallet-of-ammo-for-sale. ?

Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:07 pm

Thanks, Barfly, for posting this. Doesn't look like mine, though some of it could be. I appreciate the lookout. Watch for 50 BMG AP APIT and tracers. Federal Gold Medal Match 308W cases. 9mm Hydrashok and Hi Shok. 762x54R, mostly green boxes, don't remember the brand. Black Talon in 9mm, 357mag, 45, 308, 44mag.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You might want to delete this post. The .50 cal stuff is probably illegal.
"Over 200 50BMG ammo cans taken from a locked garage in Rainier yesterday. Tens of thousands, Aguila quiet 22LR, Federal bulk pack 22LR, Federal Gold Medal Match 308 Win, a few thousand rounds of 50 MBG, some ball, mostly AP and APIT and tracers."

I did a few years in the Army and know exactly what you are talking about.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
"Over 200 50BMG ammo cans taken from a locked garage in Rainier yesterday. Tens of thousands, Aguila quiet 22LR, Federal bulk pack 22LR, Federal Gold Medal Match 308 Win, a few thousand rounds of 50 MBG, some ball, mostly AP and APIT and tracers."

Why would it be illegal?
Some context and reference to codes would be good.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Why would it be illegal?

It's military stuff. Not something you can buy on the open market. Please prove me wrong. I shoot some of this stuff about once a month. Especially the quantity listed.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Col_Temp wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

Why would it be illegal?

It's military stuff. Not something you can buy on the open market. Please prove me wrong. I shoot some of this stuff about once a month. Especially the quantity listed.

Here's lots of .50 BMG for sale Chuck.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/50bmg

Surplus is available, even APIT.

https://www.sgammo.com/lake-city-50-bmg ... ll-stock-0

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok you proved me wrong, but the amount makes me question. What type of weapon does he have to fire this type of ammo? Does he have a fully semi-auto-matic Barret .50 cal? Would you shoot this stuff if you did? I wouldn't. I have a lot of ammo, but this amount of .50 cal sounds strange even for me.
We shoot 200 rounds per soldier every month. 24X200=4800 rounds minimum, lots of time it's even more depending on the number of soldiers.

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s a thread about a burglary, Chuck.

Now you want the poor guy to justify what was stolen?

Sheesh…

Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Ok you proved me wrong, but the amount makes me question. What type of weapon does he have to fire this type of ammo? Does he have a fully semi-auto-matic Barret .50 cal? Would you shoot this stuff if you did? I wouldn't. I have a lot of ammo, but this amount of .50 cal sounds strange even for me.
We shoot 200 rounds per soldier every month. 24X200=4800 rounds minimum, lots of time it's even more depending on the number of soldiers.

Why would you even question why he had it, or what Weapons he has in the Caliber?

Because it's still America Chuck, that's all the reason he needs.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next