Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Burglary in Rainier, Wa. 100,000 rounds gone 

Over 200 50BMG ammo cans taken from a locked garage in Rainier yesterday. Tens of thousands, Aguila quiet 22LR, Federal bulk pack 22LR, Federal Gold Medal Match 308 Win, a few thousand rounds of 50 MBG, some ball, mostly AP and APIT and tracers. Lots of Black Talon 9mm, 357, 44 mag, 45ACP, 308. Several cases of Greek milsurp 30-06, Tula 308, several cans of 762x54R. No guns were present at the time, thank God. I just bought the place and Geico hasn't figured out how to cover me, so none of this was insured. They half destroyed my Chrysler Crossfire and took my new temporary home, a 2017 Palomino A12R A-frame trailer. 9KW Honda generator, shop vac, yard tools, you name it. Even all my extension cords and a half dozen cans of gasoline. Should someone aid in recovery of ANY of it, I will show my gratitude as best I can. This was my stake to have a little more money to enjoy my 70's with. I have now way of replacing any of it.
ETA: Lots of Hydrashok 9mm, at least a case of Hi-Shok 9mm, Gold Dots, if it was hot in the last thirty years, I probably had a few hundred rounds of it.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh, SHIT.

I'm so sorry to hear this . . . I hope someone can help to catch the bastards.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:angryfire: :angryfire:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is awful, so sorry :bow:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Okay, didn’t want to mention it, but please consider if it was someone you know.

I hate to say it, but they showed up to take everything, all the way up to a trailer?

That’s not just a grab & go, that takes planning.

But again, so sorry this happened to you, brother :bow:

Hang in there! :thumbsup2:

Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That really sucks man. If I notice anyone selling anything that sounds like that, I'll reach out.

Smh NWgunner makes a valid point. You hire anyone to do any work at your place recently?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2017-pal ... -r-tr34463

The RV is the obvious one. You can't hide this well. Gotta register this someday, you'd think.

Did you get the serial number on the Honda generator?

If there are known "fences" in town, check them out. Maybe circle around in town, talk to people in known meeting places. Perhaps given the amount of the haul it did no go far.

Given that it was at a known transitory period of your life, who would know?

Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:37 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’d go looking for that trailer at the local homeless camps. Ensign Road, Wheeler, Hamburger Hill, the Jungle and Capitol Lake.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I’d go looking for that trailer at the local homeless camps. Ensign Road, Wheeler, Hamburger Hill, the Jungle and Capitol Lake.

Also check other counties. Assuming this took a little planning to move this much stuff they have enough sense to move it a county or two to launder it all.

I had someone steal a couple K of 223 out of my garage 3 years ago. I’m pretty sure it was a friend of a buddy type deal. It was my overflow stash that didn’t fit with the rest so it was visible and easily accessible. That or some passerby, either way fuck people who steal.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With all that ammo they will probably be watching for the guns to show up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duuuuuuuuuuude.......

Did you have cameras or anything? I’ve got pictures of the people involved in the burglary of my house, interesting if it’s the same group... shoot me a pm for more info

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dennydp wrote:
With all that ammo they will probably be watching for the guns to show up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^^^This^^^ Be very careful and get a security camera setup ASAP!

Damn brother, I hate hearing these theft stories. I’ll keep my eyes pealed for those items.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a nightmare, and a terrible time in life to have to deal with it.
Best wishes on getting it all back. We can only hope the thieves choke to death on it.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The trailer was how they hauled it. How long were you gone during the time of the break in?

My neighbors got hit a few years ago. They were gone for the week. Came home mid-day on Friday to find their camper almost fully loaded with the stuff from the house. Basically, the thieves, walk in, take their time loading the trailer, then pull in and hook up. In 10 minutes their gone, so there is only a brief window with a strange vehicle in the driveway.

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:06 pm

I would check around Tenino, I worked on the wind farm project just south of Rainier and on my way in I would get smokes in Tenino and there was an awful lot of junkies the would be at the gas stations frequently.

and seriously check everyone that knew of your stash, most break ins are inside jobs

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next