Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 *whats left has been recovered* My Mustang got Stolen 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the Fox. Any plans to get another?

All I want to do is buy a f*cking live chicken. Is that too much to ask?
www.tanddenterprise.com

Unit571 wrote:
Everyone knows Glock is the I-Pod of handguns- who doesn't make something for it...

Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Terrible to see those photo's, i'm from sultan and my Fiancée's from monroe.... Was it stolen by a local family or found on a local property?

I'll try any connections i know. If you need any help to recover stuff in the area I'm down. Lets kick doors(if legal) The east precinct sherriff head is a good guy too if it has out of town connections.

Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:14 am

hauntedxpast wrote:
Sorry to hear about the Fox. Any plans to get another?

I actually have another fox that is my first car. I bought it the summer before senior year of high school started. Now that the insurance company came through for me in a big way I actually have funds to start the 331 stroker for it.

shaggy wrote:
Terrible to see those photo's, i'm from sultan and my Fiancée's from monroe.... Was it stolen by a local family or found on a local property?

I'll try any connections i know. If you need any help to recover stuff in the area I'm down. Lets kick doors(if legal) The east precinct sherriff head is a good guy too if it has out of town connections.

We don't have a clue who stole it, and the sheriff who found didn't want to touch it not even for finger prints. It was found at the gated entrance to one of farmers fields on ben Howard road just before you get to the RV park. There's not much left of it now that someone came in and restole the trailer and the firewall section. It's almost like the morons realized they left the only part of the car that still had a vin# attached.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm surprised you're not on the hook for retrieving what's left of it.
When my car was stolen outside of LA, I had to bail it out of impound on my dollar.
They put it on the street with a huge forklift and gave me an hour to get it out of there.
It was missing the battery, and I didn't know if it would even run.
Ran down the street to an auto supply and it fired up fortunately.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Last edited by usrifle on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Makes me sick. Disgusting.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:06 pm

usrifle wrote:
I'm surprised you're not on the hook for retrieving what's left of it.
When my car was stolen outside of LA, I had to bail it out of impound on my dollar.
They put it on the street with a huge forklift and gave me an hour to get it out of there.
It was missing the battery, and I didn't know if it would even run.
Ran down the street to an auto supply and it fired up fortunately.

No tow truck would touch it for liability reasons, and by the time the sheriff told us he was gonna have it impounded they stole the firewall with the only remaining vin so technically there wasn't a legal car to impound anymore.... I'm guessing on that last part.

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some people just shit on their own world, then wonder why things are a mess.

Hope that asshole gets caught with his fingers in the wrong cookie jar…

Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sad to see this unfold but sadly not surprised. Reason #316 why I've got one foot out the door and my agent on speed dial for a short sale. This state will not revert to a place where crime is illegal so those staying here should acquiesce. But as a stang fan and a drifter of such at evergreen it hits a local nerve all the more. But unlike my coworker who has a bunch of gun stickers on his truck and wondered why it got broken into and all they took was the registration then broke into his house a month later and cut his safe open while he was at work, this is somewhat preventable for those that want to try. F.A.S. In the gearhead world it stands for Fuel/Air/Spark, and remove one of those and your rig is now a soapbox racer. If you can, put a breaker/toggle switch on your fuel pump and coil(s)/ecu, and put em somewhere sneaky. I've done this to many cars and can tell ya unless they've got a wrecker or a flatbed, they ain't gettin it. And in 95% of the cases (ie most rigs) this can be completed in your driveway in a day with basic hand tools, and I'm happy to help anyone with questions. I'd LOVE to see more people do this, because we all know your insurance company isn't there for you most times and the cops hands are tied by olympia.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honest question, y'all:

Do you think there is safe harbor from the current and growing state of lawlessness and discord, in some other state?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Honest question, y'all:

Do you think there is safe harbor from the current and growing state of lawlessness and discord, in some other state?

I would give you my answer but I think you already know. :bigsmile:

Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schoolboy wrote:
shaggy wrote:

We don't have a clue who stole it, and the sheriff who found didn't want to touch it not even for finger prints. It was found at the gated entrance to one of farmers fields on ben Howard road just before you get to the RV park. There's not much left of it now that someone came in and restole the trailer and the firewall section. It's almost like the morons realized they left the only part of the car that still had a vin# attached.

I know exactly the spot it from the pics... Probably too late, but mabey check houses in the area and see if they have any cameras filming to the street. You might be able to get a view of the truck the local LEM's might recognise it. They probably wont be able to do crap, but it will put the perps further on their shitlist.

If you happen to find out more PM me.

Schoolboy wrote:
I actually have another fox that is my first car. I bought it the summer before senior year of high school started. Now that the insurance company came through for me in a big way I actually have funds to start the 331 stroker for it.

Good luck with that, all name brand rods for 351's have been sold out since march. I can imagine you'll find issues with getting 302/331 parts too. I'm doing a 393 for my bronco, finally got the crank a month ago.

Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:18 pm

Parts are all over the place..just have to look harder or know where too.

Coyote swap is a better idea for the times.. but good luck ..

Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:04 am

I just looked for the 331 kit and lmr has them in stock for about $1,200. I not really sure how the build is gonna go until I get the block out, tore down and inspected. If it's usable that would be great as I think it's still numbers matched.

Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schoolboy wrote:
I just looked for the 331 kit and lmr has them in stock for about $1,200. I not really sure how the build is gonna go until I get the block out, tore down and inspected. If it's usable that would be great as I think it's still numbers matched.

I lost a headgasket in my 1 owner 350k bronco.... turns out they swapped a .060 rebuilt short block... So now i'm at a rebuild witn an unrebuildable block.

I stumbled into a STD bare roller block and scored a set of gt40 explorer heads at a u-pick yard

Now i need everything to put it togather in 393 form

Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:53 am

Just be aware that finding headers for the gt40p heads can be a bit of a bugger from what I remember. I had always pretty much planned to do the 331 with afr 165 heads. It's the intake/cam/exhaust I'm not sure of. Plus the new tkx trans is probably a no brainer at this point and I have half of the parts for the 94-98 cobra brake swap.

Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next