Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Need helping fixing llama 1911 

I got handed down a llama firearms 1911 chambered in 9mm. It was my grandfather in laws carry gun when he was LAPD and I want to get it restored back to operating condition. If anyone would be willing to help me out that would be great! Located in Snohomish county!

As you can tell there’s a couple missing parts so not sure exactly what all it needs

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:38 pm

Unfortunately (as you may have learned) not all LLama parts are interchangeable with standard 1911 parts. You would have to research which parts are and if that is what you are missing it should be fairly simple. Just looking at your picture, it looks like you are missing the slide stop and a hammer. If you were closer I'd look at it, see if anyone here that is familiar with 1911's can take a look and see if any internals are missing.

I'd start with Numrich and see if they have a schematic for that pistol and try and identify those 2 parts mentioned. Go from there depending on what other parts are missing. I checked on Numrich, and they have some schematics and those parts for some models, so it depends on which model you have. Do you have a pic of the other side showing model designation maybe?

Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim Wisener is in Chehalis. He might be able to get what you need. He's got a couple Llama models he builds parts for.

http://www.wisnersinc.com/pistols/

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Take the slide off and take a few pictures of the slide/barrel assembly and trigger control area. From the initial picture you are missing the slide stop/takedown lever.

Go here and take inventory https://www.midwestgunworks.com/1911/parts.html

Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]