Switch to full style
Post a reply

Gunsmith that can make a custom thread adapter

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 am

Hi guys,

Any idea if there's a gunsmith around Seattle/East Side that can make a custom thread adapter? I tried changing out the muzzle device on a FAL I have only to discover it's some sort of custom bubba thread job (by our measurements, it's a M14x1.5 RH thread pattern).

Thanks!

Re: Gunsmith that can make a custom thread adapter

Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:37 am

Why would you need a gunsmith to make a simple thread adaptor that you should be able to make with two taps and a short piece of tube steel?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:10 pm

If I knew what any of that meant, do you think I'd be asking?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:14 pm

hartcreek wrote:Why would you need a gunsmith to make a simple thread adaptor that you should be able to make with two taps and a short piece of tube steel?

My guess is he want an OD thread to ID thread adapter. To screw into his metric thread and turn it into standard or whatever thread he has need of. Just 2 taps and tubing aren't going to cut it.
Regardless, not complicated. I'm able to do it and help, but I am busy and far from most everybody up here in the North. So usually it doesn't seem to work. If you can get me bbl, so I can make the part to it, shouldn't be a problem.

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:22 pm

What kind of FAL is it?

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

NukeNJ wrote:If I knew what any of that meant, do you think I'd be asking?

:ROFLMAO:

:thumbsup2:

Jäger is a good dude, if you can work it out :cheers2:

Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Thanks guys! Jager, I got a few leads around my area but if it doesn't work out, I'll try to see if I can work something out with you.

lunacite wrote:What kind of FAL is it?

Not sure on the country/parts kit, but it's an older Dan Coonan built on a metric lower. Had this God awful Tapco SAW style stock on it that I replaced with a traditional "humpback."

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:01 pm

I've had good luck with thread adapters from https://hughesprecision.com if you can verify the threading

Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am

lunacite wrote:I've had good luck with thread adapters from https://hughesprecision.com if you can verify the threading

+1 for Hughes. Great quality, good prices, and super fast shipping.
Post a reply