Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:31 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Need some repair work on a lever action 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know there used to be a forum member up nearby. Worked with him many a year ago on another lever I had inherited.
This time I recently got an older marlin lever action. There is something going on with the trigger and the gun is not able to trip the sear to release the hammer.
I have had it broken down and removed from the stock and barrel but the receive is enclosed and I played around from the outside trying to see if there was something obvious or stuck. Nothing worked.
I really don't want to start punching pins and opening the rest of it up as I may not be able to get it back together correctly or safely. These have been out of production for over 55 years and though parts are around there are no manuals for them and very few videos on what to do when there is a problem like mine.

I am suspecting that there is some wear that over time has built up. The seller did admit after the fact that the last time they shot it they were having some issues.
Anyway, would be nice to get it back working so I can take it to the range with my other levers!

It's a Marlin model 62 (basically the same as the Marlin 57 - 22LR rifles. The actions are the same. Does anyone have a good suggestion of who to talk to that won't cost an arm and a leg!
Thanks

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:21 pm
Profile WWW

Last edited by J-Gat on Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi
Will get in touch.
Pm coming

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]